After using the 2300U2 for only a week, it began to grown on me. While file transfers are slower than what I was used to, knowing that my information was safe was more important and took priority. The drive operated very well, and is much quieter than other external drives. The competition is fierce in the storage industry, but one has to consider the quality and the reliability of the product, not just the price or the fastest transfer speeds.
- High quality, professionally built drive
- More reliable than hard drive media
- 2300U2 can be positioned horizontally or vertically
- Backwards compatible for ALL previous 3.5-inch disks (128MB, 230MB, 540MB, 640MB, and 1.3GB)
- Password protection enabled
- Magnetic interference not an issue (unlike 3.5" hard drives)
- Fairly large capacity storage of 2GB per MO disk
- Encryption of data
- USB2.0 for fast transfer speeds
- Magneto-Optical technology is superior to hard drive technology
The Fujitsu DynaMO 2300U2 receives a
The only Con I noticed was the quite short USB2.0 cord length--it's only 2.5ft (~32"). A 6ft (72") cable would have been nice.
For those photographers who think a product like this is not for them, I would reconsider. Each disk holds 2GB of data allowing for several images being stored. Maybe not all your images being stored in this format would be convenient, but storing those images which you want to protect is definitely something to ask yourself.
As for the storageflow solution, the Fujitsu MO product line is at the top of my list. The drives are a little more than competiting drives, but the magnetic optical format is the best removable data preservation I know of. Since most data is commonly deleted after a short period of time, the MO disks make it very ideal for storage prioritizing.