- Create a 3D gallery on CD/DVD
- Upload gallery to websites for downloading
- Variety of different galleries and templates
- Depending on your familiarity with the program, you can create your own textures which can expand Image Armada's potential indefinitely
- Wide variety of frames for images
- Realistic textures
- Simulation of galleries are very accurate, including an easel as an introduction
- Affordable price
- Program seems to not remember the "Show Tips At Startup" check box, and for a few other check boxes which prompt the user to choose whether or not to perform the action every time.
- When creating CD/DVD package, the only folder where the final exported package can go, is the My Documents folder. There is no browse button, only a Make New Folder button, which can only make a new folder in My Documents.
- No side-to-side movement within galleries. Only turning, forward, and back. Because of the environments of the galleries, having an option to move sideways would be very beneficial. UPDATE (1-10-2006): Side-to-side movement is available, but it's currently not documented. Press the SHIFT + (Left and Right) ARROW keys.
Image Armada 1.5 is one of those programs which I think has not been given enough exposure for alternatives to creating images on CD/DVD. There are the popular programs of course, but for $25, some really unique galleries for your clients can be created.
- User interface could be a little more friendly
I give Image Armada 1.5, a
As noted above, Image Armada 1.5 could have a more simplified and friendly user interface, but I was able to get a gallery up and running within 20 minutes and taking a peak at the manual. This particular rating was given to Image Armada because I believe it can be improved upon, and I look forward to reviewing it again in the future.
Tangent3D is a very interesting and creative company. Three-dimensional galleries bring life to what would otherwise be a stale and rather boring collection of images on a CD/DVD. For artists who want to explore alternatives of conveying their message to photographers wanting something more substantial than a two-dimensional viewer, Image Armada can be a very affordable option.
If you're looking for a very simple way to make viewing images exciting, and yet having the option to edit and configure your galleries in a variety of ways, I recommend Image Armada 1.5.