- 1-Hour battery Rapid charger
- MH-C801D does get the batteries very warm when charging, but the heat is controlled considerably when finished.
- LCD display
- 8 independent charging cells
- A brand new 8th-generation microprocessor for this special charger
- 3-segment battery charge status for each battery
- Conditioning mode really works and is worth the cost of the charger alone
- Conditioning AND Soft Charging are available
- Provides "Rapid" and "Soft" charging modes
- Compact and curvy design (no unnecessary bulk)
After charging a few rounds with the Maha MH-C801D and being VERY impressed with the conditioning feature, I give it a
- Backlit LCD Display
- Removable charger cover so that dust and whatever else will be prevented from getting inside the charger unit
- 90-degree angled DIN cord so charger's DIN plug doesn't stick out of the charger 2-inches
The Maha MH-C801D is a modern-designed charging masterpiece. It's compact in size, aesthetically and ergonomically shaped to fit in with your other electronic components, and just "feels better" when inserting the batteries. The LCD display is certainly welcomed, and what would make it even better, is to have an option for backlighting so you can see the charging status of your batteries in the dark.
Since this is a professional charger, I did have a few suggestions as noted above. Probably the most important is a 90-degree angled DIN plug. And I decided to add the absence of an ON/OFF switch, a Con. There should be one on the international adapter at the least. Having one on the charger itself would be ideal.
The conditioning feature of the MH-C801D works great. As stated in the review, I was very impressed.
If you're a photographer, digital device hound, or someone who's thinking about reducing the number of chargers you own, I highly recommend the Maha MH-C801D for your charging needs.