Fujitsu has updated and upgraded their ScanSnap series of scanners and their latest offering is the S500. Please visit Fujitsu for other personal, small business, and large business scanner needs. While the S500 is certain to take care of many office situations, Fujitsu has a wide selection of other scanners which are even more powerful to match your high-volume workplace.
The Fujitsu ScanSnap S500
Fujitsu's ScanSnap S500 is the third generation of ScanSnap products since their introduction in 2003. The S500 now scans faster than it's previous design--by 20% (and more).
The ScanSnap has been a very successful line from Fujitsu due to its size, performance, and convenience. But another factor is a reason for the success of the ScanSnap: Information.
Isn't it interesting in today's world of a "paperless and digital society" we are discovering this is only half the observation. The other half makes up physical documents still remaining on our desktops from several weeks ago (maybe even months), and the accumulation is ever increasing.
Well, in today's home and business settings being completely digital does not work. We need physical documents we can touch, sign, and mail to our friends, relatives, clients, and business partners. In addition, we also receive many documents in the mail. Documents are also emailed to us but in many cases, require our physical handling of them, whether it be a required signature or a need to print out the documents so we can take them with us while we're out of the home or office.
- ScanSnap Manager
- ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap (new to the ScanSnap Series software bundle) converts scans into 3 different PDFS, but also into Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint files
- Advanced File Compression (New feature for the ScanSnap Series)
- Mixed Batch Scanability (New feature for the ScanSnap Series)
- Hands-Free Double-Sided Color Scanning
- On-The-Fly PDF Generation
- Automatic Color Detection
- Automatic Blank Page Detection and Deletion
- Automatic Page Orientation
- Automatic Image Deskew
- Automatic Paper Size Detection
- PDF Thumbnail Viewing
- Dual 600dpi Optical Resolution
- Adobe 128-Bit Encryption For Scanned Documents
- Appending During Batch Scanning
- USB 2.0 support