The 10 in 4 performed rather well, and without any problems. Speed readings were dependent on the speed of the port being used and were within the boundaries of many other more popular readers. As noted previously, the two extra USB2.0 ports make the 10 in 4 easier to integrate into any computer system. The addition of a flap cover is a nice touch, which keeps a large majority of dust particles and other things from working their way into the housing. One-touch transfer of data files are becoming more prevalent on media readers, and MediaGear has picked up on the convenience.
- Transfer data from almost any media card with the push of just one button
- Read AND write from/to inserted media cards
- Useful flap on the front for reduction of particles and dust from entering the housing
- Two additional USB2.0 ports (convenient for Flash Drive reads)
- Four indicator status LEDs for notification of connected and "active" data/power currents
- AC adapter jack for optional power adapter
- Very affordable price
The MediaGear 10 in 4 USB2.0 Push-Button receives a rating of:
Due to the affordability of the 10 in 4, I can't see any reason not to own one of these, especially if you're on a budget. With the added AC adapter option if you're running both USB2.0 ports which have high-power devices, the 10 in 4 is a product which will last for quite some time. The 10 in 4 is also portable and can be used with a laptop if needed. I also recommend visiting MediaGear's website, which offers many other data storage solutions.