- On-the-fly switching of 5 adjustable sensitivity levels
- Adjustable sensitivity levels in as small as 50dpi increments
- Solid and fluid design creates a nice and natural feel for your hand and fingers
- Exclusive "back" button improves navigation
- Notched scroll wheel assures an accurate scrolling amount
- Two supplied Li-Ion batteries provide power to the mouse, and a standby battery in the charging station
- Only one side button on the mouse, providing less accidental button presses
- Back button can be programmed within SetPoint to initiate any other command
- 2.4Ghz / 24-channel switching (i.e., "frequency hopping") for the least amount of interference
- G7 is lightweigh compared to cordless mice which use AA batteries (one Li-Ion 18g vs. 2-AA 48g)
- Boost Mode provides fast charging within 2 hours (10 hours in Normal Mode)
- High-gloss, high-quality finish on the G7
- Setpoint software is very customizable
- 3-year limited warranty
I used the G7 Laser for over a month so I could get used to how the G7 performed. I was expecting the cordless mouse to sometimes "behave like a cordless". Well, it never did. In fact I had to look under my desk to reassure myself there weren't any cords going to or from the mouse. The handling and feel of the G7 Laser was absolutely fantastic. Since the G7 has a lower profile than average mice, your hands and fingers are not in such an extreme concave position.
- A more powerful Li-Ion battery option for extreme users
The PTFE material used for the feet of the G7 Laser Cordless is much better than the material used on your average mice. The G7 glides on top of virtually any type of desktop.
Over a month of use in a gaming and non-gaming environment, I give the Logitech G7 Laser Cordless Mouse, a
One of the games I used for the G7 was Serious Sam 2. I instantly noticed a difference in gameplay control and actually scored around 25% more points. This is pretty darn good because I've been playing Serious Sam 2 for quite some time now. I noticed my accuracy was up, as well as my number of kills. I also observed much less back-tracking. This is where you're going along in a game and fire a few rounds of missiles or ammunition, miss the target, then have to re-group yourself and go back. Using the G7 I immediately noticed I was back-tracking significantly less and playing the game more.
As to non-gaming use, you don't have to be an extreme gamer to purchase the G7 cordless mouse. Switching between software applications such as Photoshop CS2, Outlook, Excel, Access, and many more apps, I found myself switching to different sensitivities in order to work more efficiently within those apps. My basic corded optical mouse has 800dpi, and for me, I bumped up the G7's dpi setting on one of the custom sensitivity levels to 950dpi. This was much better.
The USB charging station and receiver performed very well. The amount of coverage the receiver had was very impressive. In fact, I was so impressed, I had to test the coverage of the mouse. I actually had to go outside before the range of the mouse would not register movements on the monitor screen. I would even go into my kitched in which there is a wall between it and my computer, and still the mouse operated with no issues. Suffice it to say, the G7 Laser Cordless is built to perform. In cases where you have an LCD television and you run a video card signal out to it, the G7 will perform as if you were right in front of your monitor.
If you've been hesitating on purchasing a cordless mouse because of performance queries, you don't have to wait any longer. The G7 operates just as good as, and better, than the mouse you currently have. And I can safely and confidently say if you don't have a G7 Laser Cordless at this very moment, you're missing a much different world of desktop performance.
Is The MX518 Being Replaced By The G-series?
No, the MX518 is not being replaced. Logitech informs me the MX518 is still a great performer, and for under $49.99, you can get a great corded mouse with the same amount of craftsmanship the G5 corded and G7 cordless offer.