- A quick 2.5" 120GB Drive
- Stays cool when large loads of data are transferred
- Consistent and reliable drive as per tests
- Very low CPU Utilization (0% - 4%)
- Very low noise - inaudible (26db - 30db or less) even when transferring a lot of data
- Very low power consumption
- Track-To-Track seek times consistent with Fujitsu's specs (actually a little better
- Data Transfer Rates consistent with Fujitsu's specs (a little better as well)
- 120GB performance in a 2.5" size
The performance of the Fujitsu MHV2120AT did very well, considering it's a 120GB drive. Most people may not need such a large drive, but due to current media requirements, it's not that hard to rack up tens of gigabytes on a notebook. Just like the MHV2080AH review, the tests presented were done to demonstrate consistency and reliability. Still a factor in the following rating of this drive, is the amount of heat it produces--or should I say, the lack of it. The MHV2120AT was also tested using the macally 250OTG.
- None Encountered / None Observed
Finally, the noise from the MHV2120AT was kept to a very subtle minimum, and was in line with the MHV2080AH. Files were transferred for extended periods of time, and while the drive was warm, it was nothing to be concerned about.
I give the Fujitsu MHV2120AT, a solid
I was really pleased with the MHV2120AT's results and physical performance. If you're looking for a large-sized capacity 2.5" drive for your notebook or for external storage, this model should be on your short list.