Using the 1300U2 was another pleasure of using Fujitsu's MO product offering. While 1.3GB might not be enough for some computer users, I think it would satisfy most because our important files are not that large in capacity. The modern styling and low profile of the 1300U2 is certainly an advantage for notebook users and those on the move most of the time. The performance of the drive was just as promised by Fujitsu's own specs. It's rather difficult to have specification variances with MO drives because they have specific tolerances or the drive will not write or read. Overall, I was very pleased with the operation of the 1300U2, and I did not encounter any issues.
- More portable than the 2300U2 AC adapter version
- Contemporary styling
- 1300U2 has rubber feet even though it is considered "portable"
- High quality, professionally built drive
- More reliable than hard drive media
- Rubber feet are positioned for maximum area coverage for non-slip performance on many different desktop/table environments
- 1300U2 can be positioned horizontally or vertically
- Backwards compatible for ALL previous 3.5-inch disks (128MB, 230MB, 540MB, and 640MB)
- Password protection enabled
- Magnetic interference not an issue (unlike 3.5" hard drives)
- Decent capacity storage of 1.15GB per MO disk (formatted)
- Encryption of data
- USB2.0 for fast transfer speeds
The Fujitsu DynaMO 1300U2 receives a
Like the 2300U2, the only Con I noticed was the short USB2.0 cord length--it's only 2.5ft (~32"). A 6ft (72") cable would have been nice.
If the top of the line Fujitsu MO drives are just a little too expensive for you, I highly recommend investing in a 1300U2 version. Your disks will always be compatible with higher capacity drives, so if you manage to have a large collection of 1.3GB disks, you will still be able to use them in future MO drives. Remember the MO technology is not just here to benefit the medical industry. It can benefit you as well. If you are a small business owner, I would give an MO drive a chance at integrating into your permanent storage solution.