|Photo/Graphic Edges 7.0|
by Auto FX Software
Features: Platinum Edition is an updated high-quality frame and edge creator for Photoshop users and other Adobe image editors. Providing over 10,000 edge effects, hundreds of matte surface textures, and the opportunity to create your own presets, PGE 7.0 is a foundation for image enhancement.
Official Website: http://www.autofx.com
MSRP: $249.00 | Upgrade: $129.00
Current Price: Buy Direct From Auto FX
Cons / Disadvantages
Using Photo/Graphic Edges 7.0 Platinum Edition was a real treat to use over the last few weeks. Not only does PGE 7.0 have hundreds of new presets and thousands of new additions overall, but these are on top of what PGE 6.0 already has. Suffice it to say, you have a graphic arsenal which can take care of any combination of images you may have.
- Easy installation
- 32 NEW major special effects categories
- 4 GB of high-quality content
- New Storyboards
- 300 NEW presets
- New GUI is leaner, allowing more image content on the screen
- Hundreds more photo frames
- Thousands of overall new effects, frames, textures, and content
- Highly Customizable
- Unlimited undo
- Help-On-Demand feature really works
- Simple but powerful GUI
- Save your work to .bmp, .psd, .tif, .jpg, or .png formats
- SmartLayers for combining several different effects in the same composition, reducing redundancy.
- Object Transformation Tools allow photos to be scaled, stretched, selected, rotated, and moved within PGE 7.0's effects for a more custom and perceptual look
- Work in Photoshop and PGE 7.0 without the need for external importing and exporting
- Reduced packaging
Photo/Graphic Edges 7.0 Platinum Edition installed just fine on the DigitalDingus PC System #1, a rather old system, and performed rather well. And once again, I installed PGE 7.0 on my Q9450 DD PC System with 4GB of DDR2-800 RAM, and the application could easily handle large file sizes and processing without a hiccup.
Information appearing when hovering over a button when using Auto FX's Help On Demand feature, is still helpful, and since PGE 7.0 has a wealth of new effects, it is even more welcome.
The overall GUI of PGE 7.0 is new, and I found it does add a more basic feel to it. Larger content previews are now possible as well. The interface of PGE 6.0 didn't give me any problems, and this new interface is welcome for the larger previews.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED PLUS
PGE 7.0 retains all the great features of PGE 6.0. Memory dots are one of my favorite features.
Photo/Graphic Edges 7.0 Platinum Edition should certainly be in your graphics collection. And if you have previously purchased PGE 6.0, the upgrade is only $129.
It is no surprise to me, Photo/Graphic Edges 7.0 Platinum Edition deserves a Highly Recommended Plus.