Once again macally didn't let me down. This enclosure is one of the finest I've seen available and I hope to be reviewing a drive with it in the near future. I've noted this before, but many of macally products are made for MAC users, but yet PC users can benefit as well. It's too often you see MAC products being only compatible with MAC hardware. macally likes to give PC users a taste of MAC design. The PHR-100AC certainly has a design which will catch your eye, and the durability which I suspect will last longer than the life of a hard drive. For around $50 or less, you can have a PHR-100AC of your own. This is a very fair price, considering the type of enclosure you're receiving.
- Simple yet elegant design
- Large chunk of solid aluminum for maximum heat dissipation
- Very durable enclosure
- Design of enclosure unit allows for stacking multiple enclosures
- "Anti-Slip Grips" keep the enclosure where you put it
- Bright neon-blue LED status display
- MAC and PC compatible
- Two firewire ports for additional firewire chaining of 3.5" drives
- USB 2.0 or Firewire
- Universal auto-switching power supply
- 1 year warranty
The macally PHR-100AC receives a rating of:
The aura of superb craftsmanship once again surrounds a macally external enclosure. The PHR-100AC is not as inexpensive as some enclosure units, but you get what you pay for. Included in the package is a universal auto-switching AC adapter, which means with a simple power plug adapter, you can travel with your external hard drive to places outside of the US, without the need for additional power supplies.
If an external enclosure is a solution to your storage needs, put macally on the top of your list. I highly recommend them.