Origin Of News Release: Champaign, IL
Original Release Date: September 25, 2007
Announcement: HDcodex DML ZERO, DML-400, DML-1000, and DML-1600
MSRP: $2,299, $3,499, $4,999, and $6,999
Availability: Not specified in press release
CodexNovus Unveils a Complete Line of Digital Media Player/Servers
CodexNovus, the innovative designer and manufacturer of digital media servers is proud to introduce the HDcodex DML Series Digital Media Player/Servers which provide simple, instantaneous, random access to all digital media – movies, music and digital images – in stunning High Definition video and brilliant 5.1 and 7.1 audio surround.
All CodexNovus DML Series player/servers are built around the powerful, proprietary HDcodex™ software system designed by CodexNovus. Its innovative memory, access and streaming systems allow for simultaneous streams of different media to different rooms anywhere in the home. HDcodex organizes and categorizes all stored media, providing instant access and a uniform menu view of all the disparate formats, whether music, film or still images. Additionally, HDcodex incorporates a high quality integrated firmware scaler. All CodexNovus DML player/servers provide artifact-free film and sports viewing, superb color fidelity and quiet operation in HD formats up to 1080p and beyond! And any number of CodexNovus DML Series player/servers can be networked via Ethernet connectivity, allowing all users independent access to any content stored on any of the linked player/servers.
CodexNovus’ HDcodex media player/servers enhance the experience of browsing through the stored media collection by providing detailed metadata—artist, album, genre, and style information—on thousands of albums and movies.
Attesting to their no-compromise approach to performance, all CodexNovus’ devices have received full Imaging Science Foundation (ISF) Certification insuring that they meet the metrics and specifications that define the very best video performance available for consumers.
"CodexNovus ISF certification is proof that properly designed digital video products need not sacrifice image quality for server based operational convenience. The audio world has already sacrificed quality for such convenience – we must be vigilant to insure that does not happen to HDTV owners,” said Joel Silver, president of the Imaging Science Foundation. “There are too many video servers that degrade HDTV performance. CodexNovus player/servers do not”.
CodexNovus has already established an enviable reputation for proven performance and reliability as demonstrated over the past three years at flawless trade-shows presentations partnered with some of the industry’s finest companies, such as Stewart Film Screen, Da-Lite, projectiondesign & Vidikron/Runco. And unlike systems and servers originating in the “PC World”, with CodexNovus’s HDcodex system there is no confusion or set-up difficulty arising from literally hundreds of possible configurations and mismatches, no operating system concerns, and no virus worries.
Additionally the performance and flexibility of the CodexNovus HDcodex system has been recognized by the industry through such prestigious awards as the TechHome Mark of Excellence Award at EHX, the EHX BODA (Best of Demo Alley Awards) "Most Entertaining Demo", the EHX BODA “People’s Choice Award", the EHX BODA “Best Video Demo Experience", the EHX BODA “Most Entertaining Presentation" w/Vidikron, and the EHX BODA “Best Video Presentation”.
All CodexNovus HDcodex DML series player/servers share the following attributes:
The HDcodex DML Series is comprised of the following models:
- They store all digital media, including Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD) digital video, home video, high resolution multi-channel digital audio, photo/imagery (digital images) and interactive multimedia content.
- They provide a uniform, instantly accessible viewing format of all media, regardless of type or format
- They provide all of the metada – all the detailed information on thousands of movies and music albums
- All CodexNovus HDcodex DML player/servers can be remote-control driven, using the included infrared remote or by RS-232, and are compatible with most popular home control systems.
- CodexNovus HDcodex DML systems offer matchless flexibility, configuration options and support MPEG-2, MPEG-4, AVI, TS, M2TS, MP2, MP3, AC3, WAV, FLAC, AAC, HTML, BMP, PNG, GIF and JPEG media files.
- Media is easily inputted via LAN, USB or the CodexNovus DV-1 DVD/CD/8-in-1 Digital Media Reader, which in addition to unencrypted DVDs and CDs, supports a wide variety of data storage/transfer technologies, including Type I/II Compact Flash, IBM Microdrive, 3.3 Smartmedia (capacity to 128MB), Secure Digital/Multimedia Card, Memory Stick, and Memory Stick PRO.
About CodexNovus, Inc.
- HDcodex DML-1600 – Provides the same superb HDcodex-driven functionality as all of the HDcodex DML series devices and incorporates 1.6-terabyte local memory storage capacity. MSRP $6,999.
- HDcodex DML-1000 – As above with 1-terabyte local memory. MSRP $4,999.
- HDcodex DML-400 – As above with 400-gigabyte of local memory. MSRP $3,499.
- HDcodex DML-Zero – A player/server only with no local storage, the DML-Zero is the ideal solution when combined with one or more additional HDcodex DML player/servers as part of a whole house network. MSRP $2,299.
Champaign, Illinois-based CodexNovus was formed in March 2000 by Hugo Feugen, the president of CodexNovus. Champaign is an ideal and fitting base for CodexNovus, with the wealth of engineering talent available from the University of Illinois and as the birthplace of Mosaic and subsequently the Internet.
An accomplished and imaginative software designer, Hugo had previously been the CEO of the company that developed and advanced Flight Simulator, later sold to Microsoft, which remains Microsoft’s biggest selling software package outside of their word processing/spread sheet applications and operating systems.
The company produces leading-edge media server products and technology designed to embrace the ever-growing world of digital content in both the residential and commercial markets. The company’s mission is to open up the world of stunningly beautiful High Definition imagery and multi-channel audio by offering affordable media servers which allow instant access to complete, highest-resolution digital audio, video, and image libraries in the home or in commercial applications. As a small, specialized company, CodexNovus is committed to the ultimate level of personalized customer service including a core ideology of providing easily expandable and upgradeable products, insuring owners of CodexNovus products that they have invested in a system designed against near-term obsolescence.
For additional information on CodexNovus and its products, please visit http://www.codexnovus.com.