Origin Of News Release: Milpitas, CA
Original Release Date: July 18, 2007
Announcement: Optoma HD80 (1080p DLP Projector)
Optoma's New 1080p Projector Snaps Price Point in DLP Front Projection Category
Optoma, one of the leading manufacturers of digital projection and display devices, today announced the shipping of its new DLP 1080p home theater projector, the Optoma HD80. The HD80 is the price performance home theater projector that offers native 1080p resolution, outstanding features, functionality and value. The HD80 will be offered at an estimated street price of $2,699.00 at key retailers around the country.
The HD80 features the latest 1080p DLP DMD chipset from Texas Instruments and a 10,000:1 contrast ratio with Optoma's proprietary ImageAI-II technology, which allows the HD80 to deliver extraordinary color saturation and subtle details for incredible image quality. The Optoma HD80 allows conscientious home theater enthusiasts to enjoy 1080p pictures without compromising performance.
With 1300 lumens and a native 16:9 aspect ratio, the HD80 also offers studio-grade resolution with its internal video/color enhancement processing system, which delivers an advanced three-stage process flow that offers personalized adjustment settings at each stage. The HD80 also boasts Texas Instruments' BrilliantColor color processing technology to deliver higher brightness and provide truer, more vibrant colors to the projected picture.
- 1080p DLP® chipset and BrilliantColor technologies by Texas Instruments
- Native 1080p (1920x1080) resolution
- 1300 lumens with a 10,000:1 contrast ratio (with ImageAI-II)
- Three-stage video processing system offers personalized adjustment options: decoding, image enhancement and color reproduction enhancement
The Optoma HD80 home theater projector is available now for an estimated street price of $2,699 through authorized Optoma dealers and retailers.
- Display Technology: Single 0.95-inch 1080p DMD DLP® chipset
- Brightness (typical): 1300 lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 10,000:1 (with ImageAI-II)
- Resolution: 1080p native (1920 x 1080)
- Video Compatibility: Full NTSC, PAL, SECAM, HDTV (720p, 1080i/p), SDTV (480i/p, 576i)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 native, 2.35:1 with Anamorphic Lens
- I/O Connectors: 2x HDMI (v.1.3), DVI w/HDCP, S-Video, Component Video, Composite Video, RS-232, +12V trigger, External IR receiver port
- Image Processing: Motion Adaptive 480i, 576i and 1080i de-interlacing, 10-bit image processing, advanced 3D comb filter, four pre-set display formats, advanced noise reduction and sharpening
- Color Management: User definable gamma, one user definable mode
- Weight: 10 pounds (projector)
- Warranty: 2 years limited parts and labor; 1 year on lamp
About Optoma Technology, Inc.
Optoma Technology, Inc. is an award-winning developer of projection and digital display products for business and home. The company manufactures multimedia projectors for mobile users, fixed installations and home theaters, as well as HD displays. Optoma products combine superior image processing technologies with exceptional engineering and innovation to deliver images that are bright, crystal clear, and finely tuned for tone and color. Optoma products are sold through the company's global network of pro AV dealers, major consumer electronics retailers and Internet resellers. For more information, visit http://www.optomausa.com.