Nikon UK is pleased to announce a new Image Authentication Software application which is designed exclusively for use with the Nikon D2Xs digital SLR.
The software enables users to determine whether an image has been altered since capture. Image data can be used for verifying image authenticity by law enforcement and other government agencies, the media, insurance companies and has a variety of other business applications.
Verification results are displayed as a list on a PC screen with selected images displayed as thumbnails within the same screen.
Quick and easy verification of authenticity
Protection of the software
- Allows verification to determine whether an image has been processed or edited after being shot.
- Thumbnails of the images selected are displayed for confirmation.
Three file formats can be verified
- Code protections are applied to prevent alterations to the software program.
- A product key and a USB key are required to ensure security whereby the USB key must be plugged into the USB port to commence application.
- The software enables verification of JPEG, TIFF and NEF (RAW) data to be taken using a Nikon digital SLR compatible with the authentication function.
- CPU Pentium 4, 1GHz or higher (or equivalent) recommended
- OS Preinstalled versions of Windows XP Home Edition/Professional (SP2 or later), or Windows 2000 Professional (SP4 or later)
- RAM 512MB or more recommended
- Hard disk space Requires 50MB for installation, and 200MB for running the software
- Display 800 x 600 pixels or more with 16-bit colour (High Colour/thousands of colours)
- Interface USB: Supports built-in USB ports
- IEEE 1394: Supports only OHCI-compliant boards
- Cameras supported Nikon D2Xs digital SLR
- Miscellaneous One built-in USB port (for the USB key)
- Note: Operation is not guaranteed when connection has been made to a USB hub