CES 2006, Las Vegas, January 4, 2006 – Fujifilm’s Super CCD imaging technology, once found solely in professional and advanced amateur digital cameras, is now available to every digital photographer. Today, Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc., unveiled the FinePix A400 and FinePix A500 models, the first of Fujifilm’s new breed of entry-level digital cameras with Super CCD technology.
Fujifilm’s decision to include the award winning* Super CCD sensor in its latest A-Series cameras is a boon to photographers who want the best image quality without the complexity of a more elaborate digital camera. Seven years ago Fujifilm set itself apart from other manufacturers by introducing its own image sensor, the Super CCD. Using the human eye as a model and mimicking the way it functions, Super CCD enhances vertical and horizontal resolution, improves color reproduction, widens dynamic range and increases signal-to-noise ratios and light sensitivities. All of these factors play important roles in the production of higher-quality digital pictures.
The A-Series cameras are ideal for the first-time digital camera buyer or any photographer who craves simplicity without sacrificing image quality. In addition to the Super CCD sensor, Fujifilm’s latest A-Series digital cameras offer the following desirable features:
- Four-MegaPixel (FinePix A400) and five-MegaPixel (FinePix A500) Super CCD HR performance. Users of either camera can enlarge pictures to an 8x10-inch print size without a problem and enjoy the zooming and cropping benefits that these new mid-range resolution cameras provide.
- 3x Fujinon Zoom Lens. Fujinon, a Fujifilm sister company, is a world leader in lens technology. Broadcasters, astronomers, scientists and the military all use Fujinon optics. Both FinePix A-Series cameras have sharp, 3x optical zoom lenses manufactured by Fujinon.
- Internal memory. This is a great safety net for FinePix A400 and FinePix A500 users. They can fill up their xD Picture card and have the security of knowing some extra space is tucked away for those unexpected picture moments.
- LCD with anti-glare properties. Fujifilm is a world leader in anti-glare monitor coatings and this technology can be found in millions of LCD, plasma and other displays around the world. The coating reduces glare on the 1.8-inch LCD of the FinePix A400 and FinePix A500 for easier viewing in direct light.
- Four scene modes: portrait, landscape, sport and night. These scene modes are great aids in getting the best picture quality in challenging photo situations.
- AA Batteries. Two AA batteries power the FinePix A400 and FinePix A500. This is yet another convenience for the user since AA batteries are readily available.
- Price – FinePix A400: $149; FinePix A500: $179. These prices are representative of the tremendous value of these two cameras, which includes technologies once found only in more advanced cameras. Both products are expected to be available February 2006.
Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc. is a subsidiary of Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd. and delivers technology solutions to meet the imaging and information needs of retailers, consumers, professionals and business customers. As a global leader in digital imaging, Fujifilm pioneered the development of digital medical systems, and today is the leader in digital minilab systems. The company was ranked number 15 for U.S. patents granted during 2004, employs more than 75,000 people worldwide and in the year ending March 31, 2005, had global revenues of more than $23.6 billion.
In the United States, Fujifilm is a leader in delivering high quality, easy-to-use imaging and information solutions in the following categories: Digital Imaging Systems, Film and Imaging Systems, Recording/Storage Media, Motion Picture Film, Graphic Arts and Printing Systems and Medical Imaging and Diagnostics Systems. Fujifilm is an environmentally friendly, humane enterprise and an exemplary corporate citizen.
For more information on Fujifilm products, consumers can call 800-800-FUJI or access the Fujifilm USA Web site at http://www.fujifilm.com.
Consumers also can receive news and information direct from Fujifilm USA via RSS. Subscription is free at http://www.fujifilm.com/rss.