Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the new 28-70mm F2.8 EX DG lens.
This is the world's smallest, large and constant aperture zoom lens and is ideal for digital SLR cameras. The power layout of the lens is specially optimized for digital SLR cameras, and Super Multi Coating gives superb color performance whilst cutting down flare and ghost.
Two SLD elements and four aspherical lenses provide the ultimate correction against distortion as well as all types of aberration, especially spherical aberration. Its advanced optical design ensures high performance throughout the entire zoom range.
The use of aspherical lenses in the construction of this lens not only corrects aberrations but also produces a very small and lightweight lens design. Its compact, yet robust, construction has an overall length of 87.2mm (3.4in.), maximum diameter of 74mm (2.9in.), filter size of f67mm and weight of 510g (18.0 ounces). It has a minimum focusing distance of 33cm (13 in.) at all focal lengths and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:4.4 which is very convenient for close-up photography.
The inner focus system allows the lens to be focused without rotating the front element, therefore a Petal-type hood and circular polarizing filters can easily be used.
- EX DG Lens Series; Designed to give an excellent performance with Digital SLR Cameras as well as 35mm Film Cameras.
- Super Multi Layer (SML) coating reduces ghost and flare.
- Two pieces of Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements and four aspherical lenses provide high quality images throughout the entire zoom range.
- Minimum focusing distance of 33cm (13 in.) at all focal lengths.
- Focal length: 28-70mm
- Maximum aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum aperture: f/22
- Lens construction: 14 Elements in 12 Groups
- Number Of Diaphram Blades: 9
- Picture angle (AOV): 75.4°-34.3°
- Minimum focus range: 33cm (13in.)
- Max. reproduction ratio: 1:4.4
- Attachment size: 67mm
- Dimensions: approx. 74mm x 87.2mm (2.9in. x3.4in.)
- Mounts: Sigma, Canon, Nikon D, Pentax, Minolta D
- Weight: approx. 510g (18.0oz)