Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the new 18-125mm F3.5-5.6 DC for Four Thirds mount.
This zoom lens was exclusively designed for use with digital Single Lens Reflex (SLR) cameras and has a 6.9 zoom ratio. A Special Low Dispersion (SLD) and two aspherical glass elements produce a top quality optical performance throughout the entire zoom range.
The Super Multi Layer coating, which is optimized for digital SLR cameras, gives superb color rendition whilst cutting down flare and ghost. This lens has a minimum focusing distance of 50cm (19.6in.) at all focal lengths and is equipped with an inner focusing system. As the front of the lens does not rotate, the Petal shaped hood and circular polarizing filters can be easily used. This lens is also equipped with a zoom lock switch that eliminates "Zoom Creep".
* If Olympus E-1 digital camera is used, the angle of view will be equal to 36-250mm focal length
* Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size or 35mm SLR cameras
- An all-in-one lens providing coverage of a wide range of focal lengths from wide angle to telephoto.
- The Super Multi Layer coating reduces flare and ghost, which is a common problem with digital cameras.
- A Special Low Dispersion (SLD) and two aspherical glass elements produce a top quality optical performance.
- Focal length: 18-125mm (36-250mm on a 4/3 system DSLR)
- Maximum aperture: f/3.5-5.6
- Minimum aperture: f/22
- Lens construction: 15 Elements in 14 Groups
- Picture angle (AOV): 62.0°- 9.9° (31.0°- 4.9° 30' on a 4/3 system DSLR)
- Minimum focus range: 50cm (19.7in.)
- Max. reproduction ratio: 1:5.3 (0.12)
- Attachment size: 62mm
- Dimensions: approx. 70mm x 83mm (2.8in. x3.3in.)
- Weight: approx. 405g (14.3oz)