Rangers Goalie - LOL

Not necessarily photography...

Rangers Goalie - LOL

Postby JoePhoto » Jan Thu 22, 2004 11:45 pm

During the Flyers vs Rangers game at MSG, Forward, John LeClair of Philly was nudged into Mike Dunham of NY who in an attempt to drawl a penalty on LeClair, sent himself sprawling backwords onto the ice to as if he were shot and then hit by a truck. In doing so, he landed on his head and suffered a minor concussion. Though his acting diaplay worked and LeClair was penalized, Dunham deserved what happened as embelleshing what was incidental contact is a growing problem in the NHL. I like seeing ref's call diving penalties against players trying to take advantage of such contact - it says allot about the ref's eye for the game, and commitment to playing clean hockey. It's one thing to fight and hit - but diving is just unethical.

I don't care if the flyers are struggling to get out a slump - as long as the beat those damn rangers, I'm happy! :bgb
Joe H.
NAPP, PPA, WPPI

~ BBS Photography ~ DeviantArt ~ Model Mayhem ~

"I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
JoePhoto
The Cap'n

Location: Wilmington, DE ***I wish I knew what I was doing!***

Postby mattchase » Jan Fri 23, 2004 12:11 am

So would that make soccer or basketball the most unethical game played? :D

Those guys are always pretending to get knocked down...and then crying all the way to momma for a penalty.
mattchase
Naked Forum Dancer

Postby JoePhoto » Jan Fri 23, 2004 1:15 am

Well - in hockey it's very easy to tell this kind of behavior apart - especially when you have guys getting their heads smashed in all game. Plus the goalie has the most equipment and is technically the most well protected player on the ice. Yet most of them always embelish into an acting for an Oscar when someone touches them.

But now that you mention it - yeah - soccer and basketball suck for this. In fact, I think basketball should impliment checking, like hockey & indoor lacrosse. I'd actually watch it then... make those guys EARN their $40 million paychecks. Imagine it - see a guy go for a slam, only to be met by some 7' guy smashing him into the ground, stealing the ball and making an outlet pass for a score at the other end... FUN FUN FUN!
Joe H.
NAPP, PPA, WPPI

~ BBS Photography ~ DeviantArt ~ Model Mayhem ~

"I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
JoePhoto
The Cap'n

Location: Wilmington, DE ***I wish I knew what I was doing!***

Postby no-tec » Jan Fri 30, 2004 8:05 am

lol yeah, but than basketball players would be dying left and right, because they dont have any pads at all. I mean, It WOULD make great tv but sadly we're no longer in rome at the collesium.
:// no-tec .com
no-tec

Postby drgonzo » Jan Fri 30, 2004 12:19 pm

AT least diving is looked down upon in hockey and there's actually a diving penalty, in soccer it's just downright egregious. But apparently if your name is Peter Forsberg, diving is allowed.
drgonzo
Participating Member

Return to OT