What I've been doing lately...

Not necessarily photography...

Re: What I've been doing lately...

Postby JB » Oct Sat 10, 2009 8:37 pm

Hey Randy,

that's kinda cool. You in Portland on the waterfront? Looks like the Banfield there in the background.

I'm down to 215, and I committed myself to running Portland's 39th Marathon next year. I just did 16 miles today, with about 8 miles walking and an 8 mile jog.

We'll have to get together or email me when you're in town. We can grab something to eat at McCormick's or something during happy hour.
JB
Masala Chicken Enthusiast

Postby SharpShooter10D » Oct Sat 10, 2009 9:43 pm

Hey there JB,

Wow 16 miles! Wowzers, that's pretty darn good if you ask me. Maybe when you do the Portland
Marathon next year I can come photograph you, I'd love that. Yep I was on the water front, just purchased
the TRIKKE from the local dealer in Portland and couldn't wait until I got home to try it. I sure got the stares
from people a lot of them have never seen a TRIKKE and to be honest until a week before I bought this one I hadn't either.

You better believe the next time I head toward Portland I will definitely let you know. McCormick's
would be great awesome food and great atmosphere. Maybe next time im in Portland if I can remember I will bring the TRIKKE and let you try it out I think once you tried it you'd get hooked.

Keep Up The Good Work JB I'm rooting for you, 215 is fabulous lets see if you can make 195 by the 1st I have faith in you. :up

Have a great day.

Randy
SharpShooter10D
Valued Member

Postby mattchase » Oct Sun 11, 2009 9:12 am

Cool ride, I have never seen one in person but heard about them somewhere.

Congrats on your success JB! I had a coworker in Vegas who was going to run a marathon and I had thought about training with her, but it made me tired just thinking about it. ;)
mattchase
Naked Forum Dancer

Postby Watchin » Oct Tue 13, 2009 1:35 pm

WOW - JB you have done amazing. I just read the thread and well... you've shamed me into it. I'm going to loose the deskweight I've gained. I wish I could run/jog ! The knees won't take it. But the walking is back on the schedule. I got so inspired I went and did 5 miles on the recumbant bike .... so now it's nap time??? Right :bgb

Joe - How are you doing? I was really shocked to hear about the Bells coming out of the blue like that...argh!
That really sucks! Hope all is coming back okay, you have my best wishes and prayers!!!
From what I've seen it hasn't slowed you down much, for which I'm glad!
Greg aka Watchin..."just watchin the world go bye, trying to understand the picture."
"Life is a grand adventure! Not a guided tour." oWo
Nikon D-700, Nikon lenses, Alien B flashes and lots of junk...
Watchin
Valued Member

Postby JB » Oct Tue 13, 2009 6:43 pm

Hey There Greg,

5 miles on the bike is great. That's about 30mins or so, right? I do this as well when I'm at the gym. It really develops your legs, and you might be surprised if get an urge and go out walking someday.

Thanks for the comments. I was exhausted over the following two days following my longer distance, and I've now just got some energy back. This usually happens when I max out, then I go about a month or so and go to the next level. Yeah, I know. I'm a sick bastard.
JB

Postby Watchin » Oct Wed 14, 2009 7:34 am

"sick bastard" NO NO NO that's why you do the exercising so you are NOT a sick bastard... Unless you mean mentally :ftg

30 minutes... I wasn't doing the tour de whatever, no it's like 45 min for me. See that's part of my problem I'm just a little lazy, even when exercising... Oh well it gets done. I do 5 miles walking every other day, either on the treadmill or the neighborhood (or I supposed to anyway :D ).

Don't mind me - Keep up your good work !!! I'll get out the pom-poms (no I WON'T wear the short skirt!) and root you on. :giddy

My "exercise consultant" says to give yourself a day of rest after every envelope push! I wouldn't know cause I've still pushing stamps.....
Last edited by Watchin on Oct Thu 15, 2009 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greg aka Watchin..."just watchin the world go bye, trying to understand the picture."
"Life is a grand adventure! Not a guided tour." oWo
Nikon D-700, Nikon lenses, Alien B flashes and lots of junk...
Watchin
Valued Member

Postby SharpShooter10D » Oct Wed 14, 2009 10:49 am

Hey JB,

Glad to hear your doing well with the weight issue. I see Greg is at it too maybe we should start a online LIVE Dingus exercise forum. Everyone could hook up their web cams and we can all Chat The Fat away. I don't run at all but I do use my TRIKKE and I must say I found the TRIKKE to be very good at giving me a work out.
I discovered that the TRIKKE rolls alot better if I put air in the tires too. :hs

I haven't been out the last few days it's been raining and the winds blowing hard so I do what this little marshmallow guy does -----> :giddy Then after I do what the little marshmallow dude does I do what these two do. ---------> :dp2 If that doesn't work my sweet adorable wife does this to me quite often whether I need it or not--------> :hitme

AH, Life Is Good.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress.

Have a great day.

Randy
SharpShooter10D
Valued Member

Postby JB » Oct Wed 14, 2009 9:23 pm

These are great for nighttime jogging and walking:

DigitalDingus Review of the iBlink Earphones

Yes, I actually managed to do a review!
JB

Postby JoePhoto » Oct Mon 19, 2009 4:59 pm

Thanks Greg - I'm still seeing/feeling the effects, but if I had to guess I'd say I'm about 70% back to normal. It's affected me pretty bad, I'm just hiding it with fast women and excessive amounts of alcohol... (I'm kidding about the last part of course.)
Joe H.
NAPP, PPA, WPPI

~ BBS Photography ~ DeviantArt ~ Model Mayhem ~

"I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
JoePhoto
The Cap'n

Location: Wilmington, DE ***I wish I knew what I was doing!***

Previous

Return to OT