Postby TonyK » Oct Sat 11, 2008 7:42 am

I'm lonely.
TonyK
TonyK
DD Patriot

Re: Where is everyone?

Postby JoePhoto » Oct Mon 13, 2008 7:44 pm

Hey Tony,

Sorry I've been scarce, it's the end of wedding season coming up so business is keeping me busy. But I have a HUGE announcement to make. I'm not going to let it slip just yet, but preparation for this announcement is keeping me working all hours of the night and day.

PS - make sure to order PS4 cause it's so HAWT! :afro
Joe H.
NAPP, PPA, WPPI

~ BBS Photography ~ DeviantArt ~ Model Mayhem ~

"I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
JoePhoto
The Cap'n

Location: Wilmington, DE ***I wish I knew what I was doing!***

Postby TonyK » Oct Tue 14, 2008 1:42 pm

Well, keep in mind I'm gone from 10/15 to 10/25 and will be in MA in and around Salem for the weekend before heading home again.

Take care,

PS: that explains why I can't upgrade to PS4.
TonyK
TonyK
DD Patriot

Postby Vance » Oct Mon 20, 2008 7:55 pm

I'm guilty of being absent without excuse, but I'm working on fixing that. :)
Vance
DigitalDingus Geezer

Postby TonyK » Oct Wed 22, 2008 6:29 am

Well we're in Myrtle Beach right now. We started in Salem, Ma on Monday. The beds were too hard and in general did not like the mockery they have made of the witch trials. :( When my wife awoke on Monday she was in severe pain from the hard bed and we decided to head back.

Finished the rest of the trip Tuesday and had days to kill. She has never seen the Atlantic so when we found a Medieval Times @ Myrtle Beach, we were sold. Arrived about 10:30 PM after leaving Richmond, VA @ ~3:15PM (had dinner on the road). GPS saved me again. Nice unit from Garmin (Nuvi 750) that has been a blesssing this entire trip.

We will start for home Friday and have some wonderful photos of the NYC skyline taken from Liberty State Park.

One thing this trip has confirmed. My wife has issues with Knoxxville in that her vertigo is gone and things she could not do in Knoxville she can now do. I think it is the "bowl" effect of the region and the pollutants of the region causing her problems. If it were the house I would suspect the cats to be impacted and they are not.

But try and get her to stay now would be impossible. So if anyone knows of jobs for a C# web developer I'm all ears. :)

Take care,
TonyK
TonyK
DD Patriot

Postby Fleet177 » Nov Thu 20, 2008 11:48 am

Now I'm getting lonely... :hs

I showered... this month... do I offend? LOL

Cindy :D
Fleet177

Postby TonyK » Nov Thu 20, 2008 2:27 pm

You want the short or long version?

Dad fell, broke hip, had surgery, in re-hab until end of month
Chest pains, doctor's office, cardiologists office (twice - once for consult other for nuclear stress test - I now glow)
Wed, wife's credit card number stolen. having to deal with that
today they started laying off people. Not pretty. Still have job but for how long. :(

That is the short version. I don't think anyone would want the long version.

But I'm still around.
TonyK
TonyK
DD Patriot

Postby mattchase » Nov Thu 20, 2008 10:33 pm

Besides working my "real job" which was "real" slow last month, I've been working hard at getting my gallery open. I actually have a bunch of prints on the floor, leaning up against the walls, so it is getting close. But I mostly just threw some of those in there for a quick layout template, so now I have been spending much time working on my photos to get them just right. I'm probably going to be reworking most all of them over time, and already have a couple new prints made that I now need to frame.

Besides that, I hurt my finger (and can't bowl), had my car broken into (while bowling), and have a problem with a tooth that might be an absess or in need of a root canal (doesn't really affect my bowling...). At least the last week has been better at work, christmas shoppers are starting to slowly trickle in (oh yeah, I had to lower all my prices too, to get them to start to trickle in! And damn they STILL ask for a discount!).

And I think you smell fine. :D
mattchase
Naked Forum Dancer

Postby Fleet177 » Nov Fri 21, 2008 12:03 pm

Wow Tony…with all that going on, I can understand the chest pains… I had a credit card number stolen that I never used except to balance transfer on a few years ago and have simply been paying off. Somehow, someone pinged my card, figured out it was a real card and used it for internet purchases. Fortunately, my card holder (Capital One - yea, I’ve heard the horror stories about them but they’ve treated me very well and my card rate is at 2.9% until the money transferred is paid off :) ) has a great fraud department and they called me a got it stopped before it actually hit my balance and created all kinds of trouble. They issued me a new card and all is well… for now. Hope they get yours straightened out quickly. Also hope that your heart is ok and that Dad recovers completely.

Matthew, Matthew… do I detect a theme here? Let me guess… your gallery is going to all about pictures of….. bowlers/balls/lanes/pins? :D

Sorry about your finger… consider the “boo boo” cyber kissed to make it all better, get me a pliers and I’ll get rid of your tooth problem :), the car… well, you’re on your own there. Hopefully the holidays will see increased business for you.

So… what kind of discount do you give your photo buddies here????? LOL

Thanks for reassuring me that taking a shower for the second time this month is working - LOL You smell good too Matt… what cologne is that??? :D

Things have been very stressful for me too. My company (credit union) has now merged with another credit union and everything is new and overwhelming. New people, new boss, new software, new office, new hours… but, I have a job and I’m very glad for that. I also am having problems where I board my horse. The barn “manager” is a dweeb and a know-it-all (that knows nothing… the worst kind) and he doesn’t treat my horse very well. I need to find an intimidating man who can spend some time out there making him understand that not treating my horse right, isn’t an option… takers? :D There just isn’t much in the way of alternatives in boarding stables…

My, aren’t we a happy bunch - lol. Let’s hope that things turn around in the economy and that our health and that of our loved ones, improves/stays good. I’m bracing for the 120 inches plus of snow we’re supposed to be getting… :cry

Cindy :giddy
Fleet177

Postby TonyK » Nov Fri 21, 2008 12:09 pm

We are off to see a dead boy king in Atlanta this weekend. No camera with me save for my wife's small camera. There won't be many photos but it is going to be FUN! :D

http://www.kingtut.org/home
TonyK
TonyK
DD Patriot

Next

Return to OT