new to the club

Discussions, changes, and any note-worthy events happening on other DP forums...

new to the club

Postby Dirk » Oct Mon 13, 2008 1:26 am

Ahum .. after a few messages i asked where i could introduce me to the forum. :cheese . so thanks to Jason here it is..:hi I was born more than 43 years ago in the eldest city of the netherlands, Nijmegen. http://english.nijmegen.nl/ I started photogaphy at 12 approximately , the grandparrent of my dad gave me a compact Konika 35mm film camera with flash and two iso mode 200 and 400 iso. after that i bought a fuij with moter drive, a nice camera. from that came a Practika mtl-b 5 as i recall. later on a cannon T80 autofocus slr, from that the first nikon a F65 , a very nice camera , than a D70 , than a misachievment the coolpix e 7600 , than a olympus fe-1780 to replace the nikon coolnikx and the latest is a d50 ..

I work for a company which detaches employers at local governments, watership oprganisations and so on. my specialty is the archive i have more than 10 years experience in this field and a school diploma in this field. I shoot mostley digital, but occassionaly i shoot film as well. my nick is of my favorite two dslrs the Nikon D50 and the Nikon D70.

both cameras have their plus and minus , but i cannot choose now between the d5o or the d70 both are very good , the D70 has a hahnel battery gripp and the d50 has none ( i want to keep it as it is , light weight dslr with very good quality personaly i think this is the best camera ever built by nikon, it is good from the start, imho needs no firmware update and delivers good pictures .. :bgb

So i hope that i have introdued myself properly to the forum, and any tips on the Nikon D50 are welcome ( i just recently bought it second hand)..

greets

Dirk-Jan (that's my name..)
D5o / D8o and Nikon/Sigma /Tammy glass + 3ooD canon +18-55IS /24-85 usm golfinger + some compacts
Dirk

Re: new to the club

Postby mattchase » Oct Mon 13, 2008 12:14 pm

Welcome to the forum! I'm not as familiar with Nikon equipment so can't really offer any tips, but there are some others who I'm sure will answer any questions you might have.
mattchase
Naked Forum Dancer

Postby JoePhoto » Oct Mon 13, 2008 7:37 pm

Hi Dirk-Jan

Welcome to the forum! Don't let Matt fool you - although he shoots Canon stuff, he is a closet Nikon lover. :D

Although I currently shoot my visible light photography with Canon gear, I spent years with Nikon digital owning almost every body from the original D1 to the D2x at one point or another. I still have a bit of Nikkor glass and use an IR converted D80 for IR work. Although I haven't shot a D50 in a while, one thing that really made that camera stand apart is it has probably the best 6MP JPG's I've seen outside of Fuji. The camera has a wonderful JPG processing engine which I'm sure you know give very pleasing results right out of the camera with little to no post work necessary (unlike the D70/s IMO). The only thing I believe is missing from it, is the commander mode pop-up flash. Other than that, I don't think there is anything to really complain about with the D50. I look forward to seeing some of your work.
Joe H.
NAPP, PPA, WPPI

~ BBS Photography ~ DeviantArt ~ Model Mayhem ~

"I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
JoePhoto
The Cap'n

Location: Wilmington, DE ***I wish I knew what I was doing!***

Postby Dirk » Oct Mon 13, 2008 10:27 pm

@ Joe

Thanks, i will post some D50 pics today as soon i have my new lease car (Peugeot 207) . And i do not get fooled easily, i still have my canon T80 slr camera , the first autofocus camera canon ever built. is it perfect no! , sometimes it is far behind the field were focus should be. but the fact that there are not many T80 build mkaes it a collectors item.

@Matt
thanks for the welcome, although nikon is the brand i use the most i still have other brands even cannon (T80)

greets

dirk-jan
D5o / D8o and Nikon/Sigma /Tammy glass + 3ooD canon +18-55IS /24-85 usm golfinger + some compacts
Dirk

Postby Vance » Oct Mon 20, 2008 7:44 pm

Hiya Dirk-jan,

I may be a little late to the Welcoming Party, I did want to say HOWDY!

I'm looking forward to seeing your images.

We're not real sticklers about what gear you use, just that you enjoy using it!
Vance
DigitalDingus Geezer

Postby Dirk » Oct Wed 22, 2008 7:31 pm

Hi Vance,

thanks, it is never too late to welcome someone .. imo , i will post images (there are 2 of mine allready in the member review of the 18-55vr) and certainly more to come.
too bad that the whetter is going :bf , so not so much foto's to take. but i will take my D50 today to my work since i think that there is not much to do there.

i work in Heerenveen now and still live a 146km away from it so i have to travel a lot.
Dirk

Postby Dirk » Oct Fri 24, 2008 2:23 am

@ JH & Vance

in the topic some of my work (hobby photographer) in the photo x are some of my images
Dirk

Postby TonyK » Oct Sun 26, 2008 7:44 pm

Kinda of slow to the party only because I've been away nearly 2 weeks.

Welcome to the crew. Before these guys knew me I too worked in Records Management as a Consolidated Records Manager for a 13,000 member state agency. My tasks included interfacing with the State Archives Office, pushing for new and updated rules and reviewing and approving requests to destroy or archive records. These days I'm a web developer and before that just a developer. :)

Take care,
TonyK
TonyK
DD Patriot

Postby Dirk » Oct Sun 26, 2008 8:24 pm

hi tony,

Nice to know that you understand my work . The sunset is one of my favorite pictures. thanks for the welcome.
Dirk

Return to Other DP Forums