BIG RIGS AS ART?

Not necessarily photography...

BIG RIGS AS ART?

Postby SharpShooter10D » Jul Sat 19, 2008 8:58 pm

Well I thought I had seen just about every type of use for a Big Rig but this was a surprise in deed.
I'm not sure what puzzles me more, the sculpture itself or the mind that decided to do this.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/pictures-incredible-big-rig-sculpture

Well to each his own I guess.

Have a great day everyone.........

Randy
SharpShooter10D
Valued Member

Re: BIG RIGS AS ART?

Postby mattchase » Jul Sun 20, 2008 7:22 am

I think that's pretty cool. Odd, but cool.
mattchase
Naked Forum Dancer

Postby JoePhoto » Jul Sun 20, 2008 7:54 am

Big rig - Scorpion Attack!
Joe H.
NAPP, PPA, WPPI

~ BBS Photography ~ DeviantArt ~ Model Mayhem ~

"I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
JoePhoto
The Cap'n

Location: Wilmington, DE ***I wish I knew what I was doing!***

Postby Fleet177 » Jul Mon 21, 2008 7:02 pm

Hi Guys... :hi

It's been a while. There just never seems to be enough time. People bugging me for edited pics... (the nerve - lol) and so much else. I finally caved and bought the 40D and it took me 4 days to even open the box - LOL

Anyway, I have a couple of friends that drive cross-country big rigs and I can't wait to forward them that link... Looks like a semi that hit an immovable object - LOL.

Cindy :bow
Fleet177

Postby SharpShooter10D » Jul Mon 21, 2008 9:30 pm

Hey Cindy,

Great to see you purdy smile in these here parts again. You got a 40D did ya? Well I sort of had one, actually my wife bought one for me or at least thought she did.
She brought it home in a bag and set it on the kitchen table as a surprise for me. Well it definitely was a surprise, a surprise for us both when I pulled the box out
of the bag and opened the box to discover everything was there but the 40D. Apparently what happened was the 40D that the salesman sold my wife was a display model and it
was still sitting in the display cabinet at the camera store with a lens connected to it. Well needless to say I told my wife we were both going back to the store the next day.
So thats what we did and when we got there I handed him the box and showed him what he forgot to include. Well, I didn't care much for the salesman or his store so I instructed him
to refund my wife her money and he could keep the 40D. The only thing I really want now is a Gimbal head and I will have that soon.

Anyway , it's great to see you again Cindy hope you wont be a stranger.

Have a great day.

Randy
SharpShooter10D
Valued Member

Postby Fleet177 » Sep Sun 07, 2008 10:58 pm

Hey Randy!

I finally got back here again. I keep meaning to but stuff just keeps coming up. Looks like the forum has been pretty quiet. I've been "playing" with my 40D and sold my 10D, grip and few other accessories to my brother. So no I have my E10 (yes... I still have it - lol), my 30D and 40D. I just did a photoshoot last Sunday at a horse show and took 400+ pictures. It's taking forever to get through them and separate them into 5 files for the 5 people I was taking pictures for and then I save the "masters" to a couple places on 2 hard drives till I get them backed up on CD's. Hopefully I'll get some orders out of all this work :)

Hope all is well with you and all the folks here and I'll try to get back sooner.

Cindy :D
Fleet177

Postby SharpShooter10D » Sep Mon 08, 2008 7:57 am

Hey Cindy,

Great to hear from you as always! I understand about trying to get in here and post but always having something keep you from it
I too have been busier then usual. I have been trying to get ready for a trip to Haines Alaska in November to photograph the Bald Eagle
Festival. I'm also a partner with two other friends putting together a wedding photography business but what has made it hard is they live
in Bakersfield, CA and I live up here in Newport, OR. Although that may change fairly soon, I have been considering moving back to California
since this wedding business is forming I just couldn't be a serious contributer to it and live so far away. Plus I have family there too
so that would be a good thing for me as well I don't get to see them hardly at all living so far away.

So you took 400 images did you? *LOL* I know what thats like I took 1500 shots at the wedding that me and my friends shot the last time I was down in
California. Lucky for me I wasn't the one that had to go through the shots it was our fearless leader who got stuck with that job. Hee Hee!
Thing is, there were three of us shooting the wedding and we all took about the same amount of shots so he had his work cut out for him.
So you got a 40D? Fantastic my wife bought one too and gave me her old 30D so now I have 2 30D Bodies and I still have my old 10D too.
I thought about getting a 40D but I knew it was close to time for the 40D replacement to come out which it did the 50D.

I think I will wait until I come back from Alaska to see if I want to shell out $1399.00 for a new body or not. I prefer to sink my money
into glass and so far my collection is growing nicely. Between my wife and I we cover a good range anything from 17-40 up to 400mm
plus I bought her the 100mm Macro which is an awesome lens.

If you get a chance post a pic or two of your photo shoot I woild love to see some of the shots you got...I love horses! :D

Well I need to get some things done so I will close here and head out. Great hearing from you Cindy don't be such a stranger
drop a line time to time even if just to say hi.

Take care,

Have a great day.

Randy
SharpShooter10D
Valued Member

Postby Fleet177 » Nov Fri 07, 2008 12:12 pm

Hey Randy-

Well, I finally got a chance to stop back. My company has been going through a major merger and my life has been crazy and stressful. Between all of the late nights (overtime) and dealing with all the other stresses in my life, I was able to finally get CD's out for a 5 people I took pictures for at the horse show on August 31st. When I get a chance, I'll scan through the pictures and see if there is one or two that would be fun to share.

So, have you thought more about investing in the 40D or 50D? I knew the 50D would be coming out soon after getting my 40D, but I just didn't want to spend the extra $500 it would've cost. I've been pretty happy with the 40D so I'm going to try to stick it out for a while. For what I'm doing at this point, the 40D should cover my needs (even tho I always like to have the latest and greatest - lol). I just can't rationalize spending anymore (I try and try, but I think the more frugal side of me is kicking in... for now - lol)

Lucky you that you get to go to Alaska and shoot pics of Bald Eagles. They are one of my favorite birds. I hope I can get a chance to go somewhere in the not too distant future, where I would have a good shot at getting close up pictures. I look forward to seeing some of yours when you get back. Or maybe you've left already?

Hope all is well here and with you and everyone else here. I hope that things will calm down soon in my life. I need some de-stressing... Calgon! Take me away! :giddy

Cindy :D
Fleet177

Postby Vance » Nov Sat 08, 2008 4:09 pm

I saw this (big rig art) on t.v. not long ago. I think it was that big event they have out in the desert.

Anyway, they were showing folks climbing around on it, and in it. Apperantly what the artist built it for.

Hey Cindy and Randy,
I think we've all been a bit absent of late. Ummm, Cindy, I still have my E10 and all it's gear as well. I just can't part with it, as it holds so many great memories of us all on DPR and the first E10Day. (what started DD) Hard to believe that was over 8 years ago now.
Vance
DigitalDingus Geezer

Postby Fleet177 » Nov Mon 10, 2008 8:11 pm

Ahhhh... yes Vance... I can't seem to let go of my E10 either. It's what lead me to my friends in E10 chat so long ago (and some of those same friends here and more). :) It's also more compact than the 30D or 40D for those occasional times when I might not want to lug around 25#'s of gear ;-).

Cindy :bgb
Fleet177

Return to OT