Maha Announces IMEDION Rechargeable Batteries

MicroDrives, Batteries, CF, SD, SM, xD, Portable HDD devices, etc....

Maha Announces IMEDION Rechargeable Batteries

Postby JB » Oct Fri 26, 2007 6:37 am

http://www.digitaldingus.com/news/2007/ ... teries.php

Should be of interest to photographers and electronics enthusiasts.[/url]
JB
Masala Chicken Enthusiast

Postby mattchase » Oct Fri 26, 2007 8:13 am

Those look like nice batteries. I have been using Eneloops for awhile now, I don't know if they were the first but they are one of the best low self discharge (LSD) batteries currently on the market. They have similar specs and prices to the Maha batteries...is there any way you can find out if they ARE the same batteries? A lot of the LSD batteries on the market are rebadged from one of only a few companies actually making them. I don't remember which companies are the manufacturers besides Sanyo (Eneloop), I could find out though if interested.

I'd be curious to know how well the Maha's work in high temps. I'm doing an experiment with some of my Eneloops to find out just that. I leave a flashlight or two in my car all the time, and wondered how long the Eneloops would last when stored in the high temps we get around here. So I have 2 batteries in my car and 2 batteries on my shelf that I am taking measurements of every month to compare voltage and remaining charge (using a ZTS pulse load tester). I also am going to do a runtime test at 6 months and 12 months using 1 battery from the car and 1 from my shelf to see how long they will keep a single AA flashlight running. This is probably the most accurate test I can do to see how much power is actually in each battery as I don't have any high tech current testing equipment.

I'm on month 4 now, so still have a ways to go!
mattchase
Naked Forum Dancer

Postby Talvan » Oct Sat 27, 2007 4:32 pm

These will be nice batteries once the technology matures and they reach levels like 2700mah.
Sincerely,
John Talvan
Life, One Frame At A Time
Talvan

Postby JB » Oct Sun 28, 2007 10:57 pm

Hi Matt. I'll see if I can find out if there are any connections with Panasonic's batteries and Maha's.
JB
Masala Chicken Enthusiast

Postby JoePhoto » Oct Mon 29, 2007 11:18 am

The first thing I thought of when reading about the Maha's were the Eneloops Matt talking about. They were on my radar when I need to replace any of my 60 Nimh 2700's.
Joe H.
NAPP, PPA, WPPI

~ BBS Photography ~ DeviantArt ~ Model Mayhem ~

"I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
JoePhoto
The Cap'n

Location: Wilmington, DE ***I wish I knew what I was doing!***

Postby marokero » Nov Sun 04, 2007 3:36 pm

I've been using the Eneloops since April of 2006, no problems to report, even with high temps in three summers (two here in the USA, one in Brazil). Perhaps the competition they refer to are the normal Ni-MH batteries. Anyway, I'm not sure if these Imedion batteries are a slight different formulation from the Eneloops (likely) or a rebadge (less likely but possible). The Eneloops have not increased in capacity since inseption, staying at 2000mAh. But it sure is nice to not have to recharge batteries just because I did not use them for a week or so.
Alberto T.
marokero
Valued Member

Return to Storage & Power