Not looking good for New Orleans

Not necessarily photography...

Postby JB » Aug Wed 31, 2005 2:54 pm

The looting is getting out of hand.
JB
Masala Chicken Enthusiast

Postby Tommy » Aug Wed 31, 2005 3:04 pm

We had 100 mph gusts here and 80 mph sustained wind up here. That was a massive storm (obviously).

Sorry about the codec.. it was the only one I could think of that would get the file down to a managable size. I supose I should have made it 320x240 but they are so small to see.

Tommy

Talvan Imaging wrote:1 minute 58 second download. Not to shabby for 51.5 mb. :D Now to get the codec. :hs OK, now to watch the clip. Geez, that was some wind there buddy. I wouldnt havethought it would be that strong 150 miles out. I am glad you are fairing well, and that you were lucky enough to have power to take care of your friends and family. Hope they get things back in order quickly where you are. I feer New Orleans will NEVER be New Orleans again. I pray for those people everyday. I hear they are going to try and move them to the Astro Dome. Anyone in TX now if they have started arriving yet?
Tommy

Postby Talvan » Aug Wed 31, 2005 5:11 pm

No problem about the codec. Be sure and check your shingles with wind speeds like that you could be missing some.
Sincerely,
John Talvan
Life, One Frame At A Time
Talvan

Postby JB » Aug Wed 31, 2005 7:13 pm

JB

Postby mattchase » Aug Wed 31, 2005 7:42 pm

Yeah, talk about looting! Fricken gas.

I can understand prices being higher, production is down and refineries will need repairs and all that, but some people (stations, czars, vice president...?) in those areas are taking advantage of the demand. I just paid $3.04/g which wasn't fun, but acceptable given the situation.
mattchase
Naked Forum Dancer

Postby Talvan » Aug Wed 31, 2005 8:28 pm

JB, that is what prices look like in Europe. I just paid 2.99/gal when I finally found one that had some. :hs
Sincerely,
John Talvan
Life, One Frame At A Time
Talvan

Postby JB » Aug Wed 31, 2005 11:41 pm

Well, there's no reason why we should be paying European prices. Kuwait is paying 65-cents per gallon, so if anything, we should be paying those prices. Europe has a much better transit system, not to mention more efficient. Europe is also not as reliant on vehicles. If the US can start getting out of the 18th century, then yeah, I wouldn't mind paying higher prices. But currently, I don't have much of a choice unless I want to get up two hours early just to ride the bus for those two hours.
JB

Postby Vance » Sep Thu 01, 2005 4:16 am

:D

Atleast you have a bus service option. With where I live, out in the sticks, I'd have to drive 15 miles just to get to an area that has service, and then they don't go anywhere near my work. :/

Luckily, I filled my tank Monday when it was still (this hurts) just 2.51.9
a gallon. I kind of also knew this was coming, so I had gone down to Wally World about bought four 5 gallon gas cans and filled those as well. That should keep me for about two weeks if I don't do any unneccesary driving.

Driving in this morning I noticed that most prices were about 2.88.9 gal.
Vance
DigitalDingus Geezer

Postby Tommy » Sep Thu 01, 2005 5:34 am

It's almost impossible to find gas here now. There were people waiting in lines of over 200 cars all night long in hopes a truck would deliver some.

Luckily I work from home right now and don't have to worry too much about it. That may be changing soon but for now it's a real blessing.
Tommy

Postby Vance » Sep Thu 01, 2005 6:43 am

Very glad your still okay Tommy. :D

I think, if thing's keep going this way, more and more of us will be in the same situation of at home office workers.

As of lately, that would be a pay raise for me, just in being able to save $300.00 a month in gas. (that's at the old prices though)
Vance
DigitalDingus Geezer

PreviousNext

Return to OT