I've been Abducted!!!

Principles, theories, practices, and your own experiences...

I've been Abducted!!!

Postby Vance » Feb Wed 23, 2005 6:20 am

Yes indeedy...

Got home from work yesterday afternoon, and there was this box by the front door.

Of course it was camoflaged to appear as something other that what it actually was.

As curious as anyone else, :hs I carried said box into the house and upon opening it, this strange Alien insect (what we call a Bee) revealed itself. :a3

Immediately upon release from the box, this Alien creature zapped me with some type of invisray creating a feeling of excitement. :bd

Of course, I know the only way I'll be able to control this thing is by using the super powerful Sekonic controller. But of course, I have to wait just a bit longer before said device is actually in my possesion.

Until then, the Bee will be kept in it's container, and hopefully I'll be able to shrug off the effects of it's power. :groovy

Tony, I put the envelope in the mail box this morning (wed) and hopefully it should be reaching you as quickly as the light arrived here.

:bow Thanks again bud.
Vance
DigitalDingus Geezer

Postby Talvan » Feb Wed 23, 2005 2:30 pm

Cool man. Tip for you on shooting wirelessly, kind of. Since you will have the camera in MANUAL mode anyways, you can use a flash(at the lowest setting) in the hot shoe to trigger the light. Works pretty good for me, even with multiple lights. :D Still need the sync cord though to use the Sekonic to setthe lights.
Sincerely,
John Talvan
Life, One Frame At A Time
Talvan

Postby Vance » Feb Wed 23, 2005 5:04 pm

hehehe...

I have even more kewlness.

I was curious about my 550EX, and if it would work in slave mode, without having to get another slave trigger.

IT DOES!!! :dance

So basically, I now have a 3 light setup. I do have a slave trigger to use with the FL40, plus the 550ex set to slave, and the AB as my Key Light.

Now I just need to get a tube of super-glue to fix two of my light weight stands.
Vance
DigitalDingus Geezer

Postby TonyK » Feb Fri 25, 2005 2:43 pm

Vance,

Envelope arrived today. You can guess where the money is going to go (vet).

Thanks!
TonyK
TonyK
DD Patriot

Postby Vance » Feb Fri 25, 2005 3:01 pm

Good deal Tony. (on it arriving in a timely manner)

Sorry that it has to go towards someone else's pocket.

Best of luck to the little fur ball. :D
Vance
DigitalDingus Geezer

Postby TonyK » Feb Fri 25, 2005 3:11 pm

3 for 3 in 3. :(

Vet believes it to be terminal. FIP is not something that can treated/cured. We are hoping for a miracle.

Thanks,
TonyK
TonyK
DD Patriot

Return to Lighting