Importing RAW's in CS

Everything Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.). Post your questions, comments, tricks, tips, and more...

Importing RAW's in CS

Postby no-tec » Jan Fri 30, 2004 8:01 am

I never knew this but someone told me to import a raw from my camera into PS:CS and, low and behold, this window pops up with this white balance, lens size compensation, and all these other crazy options. I don't know if that's common knowledge around here but I never knew it. So. Try it out if you haven't before. :wtf
:// no-tec .com
no-tec

Postby JB » Jan Fri 30, 2004 8:54 am

Yes, it is a really nice feature of CS. CS has their Camera Raw built-in to the program. This is also one of the benefits of shooting RAW.
JB
Masala Chicken Enthusiast

Postby no-tec » Jan Fri 30, 2004 10:16 am

I would like to shoot more in RAW but I get about 25% the shots as shooting with normal format. and with a 512 card its only like 60 shots. blah.
:// no-tec .com
no-tec

Postby JB » Jan Fri 30, 2004 8:03 pm

Shooting RAW is almost impossible to do (I have discovered), unless you have one of the "beasts" of Nikon or Canon. The D100 can do ok and maybe the 10D can do a little better, but it seems that a person has to really fork out the $$$ to get fast enough processing speeds to shoot RAW. Of course, I'm speaking from the standpoint of shooting as a photojournalist or shooting in situations were you can't wait 7 or so seconds for each RAW file to write. If I was going on a hiking trip or a casual shoot, a 10D or D100 would do just fine. So, I guess it depends on the application. For me, I need/want something that shoots RAW as fast as it does JPEG.

I should mention the D70 is alleged to write 3x faster than the D100. I read this on a Japanese sight and it is mentioned on DPR I think. I will be very interested in how the D70 performs when writing RAW files.
JB
Masala Chicken Enthusiast

Return to Adobe