Winter at the Reservoir

Post & share your photos from whatever camera you have...

Winter at the Reservoir

Postby Frank B » Mar Tue 09, 2004 6:50 pm

Sony T1

West Hartford, Ct Reservoir 3/09/04

[img]http://www.fototime.com/{C235862F-8077-4D40-8A8B-7B19C1B0890E}/picture.JPG[/img]
Frank B

<a href=http://www.pbase.com/frank_b>MY Photos</a>
Frank B
DD Patriot

Postby TonyK » Mar Tue 09, 2004 7:51 pm

If only there had been com clouds to give the sky more interest. :)

Nice shot. Thanks for sharing.
TonyK
DD Patriot

Postby Ballen Photo » Mar Tue 09, 2004 8:45 pm

Frank, Quit posting these great shots with that little T-1, Your gonna make me want to run out and buy one. OK, nevermind what I just said in a fit of jealousy. Keep em coming. :D
PS, How is the battery life on that critter?
You're gonna miss 100% of the shots you dont take. -Wayne Gretzky
Ballen Photo

Postby Frank B » Mar Wed 10, 2004 4:00 pm

Thanks for the comments.

I don't know about the battery life yet as I have taken only a few photos at a time and recharged each evening. Imaging Review says the battery life is short but "typical" for a compact camera. They estimate a worst case scenario of 81 minutes. I just got a 256 MB card for it and it should hold about 95-100 photos. I think the battery will be good enough for that.
Frank B

Frank B
DD Patriot

Re:

Postby Ballen Photo » Mar Wed 10, 2004 10:11 pm

Frank B wrote:
I just got a 256 MB card for it and it should hold about 95-100 photos. I think the battery will be good enough for that.

Sounds like it might work for a typical days outing then?
Ballen Photo

Re:

Postby Frank B » Mar Thu 11, 2004 8:45 am

Ballen Photo wrote:
Frank B wrote:
I just got a 256 MB card for it and it should hold about 95-100 photos. I think the battery will be good enough for that.

Sounds like it might work for a typical days outing then?

I am sure it will for me as I almost never take more pictures than that. Also, if I ever get back to my 10D :D when I know I will be taking that many pictures I will be using that camera. However, I am finding that at ISO 100 I am very pleased with the quality of the results so I won't be surprised if I find myself using the T1 on casual walks where I use to carry my 10D. It is just so light. Time will tell how much I use each camera. The main things with the T1 is that I always have it with me so I won't miss an opportunity (and it is the first compact camera I can say that for) and the quality is sufficient so I won't feel a big loss in not
having my 10D. The main issue is noise (and of course I prefer the viewfinder of my 10D, although the 2.5 inch LCD is great for a LCD). At ISO 100 with the sharpness setting to Normal it is not much of an issue. I expect I will end up using the low sharpness setting and probably the low saturation and contrast settings and using PS. Finally, the flash is not very strong so in low light indoors it is somewhat limited. However, it is fast so I expect I will be able to catch that smile. Hey this has turned into a mini review.
Frank B

Frank B
DD Patriot

Re:

Postby Ballen Photo » Mar Thu 11, 2004 1:16 pm

Frank B wrote:I am sure it will for me as I almost never take more pictures than that. Also, if I ever get back to my 10D :D when I know I will be taking that many pictures I will be using that camera. However, I am finding that at ISO 100 I am very pleased with the quality of the results so I won't be surprised if I find myself using the T1 on casual walks where I use to carry my 10D. It is just so light. Time will tell how much I use each camera. The main things with the T1 is that I always have it with me so I won't miss an opportunity (and it is the first compact camera I can say that for) and the quality is sufficient so I won't feel a big loss in not
having my 10D. The main issue is noise (and of course I prefer the viewfinder of my 10D, although the 2.5 inch LCD is great for a LCD). At ISO 100 with the sharpness setting to Normal it is not much of an issue. I expect I will end up using the low sharpness setting and probably the low saturation and contrast settings and using PS. Finally, the flash is not very strong so in low light indoors it is somewhat limited. However, it is fast so I expect I will be able to catch that smile. Hey this has turned into a mini review.

Thanks Frank. :D
Ballen Photo

Postby AdWiser » Mar Fri 12, 2004 2:20 am

Hi Frank :D
The main problem with that 'T1' is when you are seen taking shots from a certain distance, one could think you are drinkin' :clown Its like one of those metallic bottles for whisky :bgb
But seriously now, why not the V1 ? Not much bigger and got very good reviews a while ago + the zoom lens. How much have you paid for that ?
best regards,

AdWiser
AdWiser

Re:

Postby Frank B » Mar Fri 12, 2004 8:16 am

AdWiser wrote:Hi Frank :D
The main problem with that 'T1' is when you are seen taking shots from a certain distance, one could think you are drinkin' :clown Its like one of those metallic bottles for whisky :bgb
But seriously now, why not the V1 ? Not much bigger and got very good reviews a while ago + the zoom lens. How much have you paid for that ?

Hi Adwiser,

You mean that people will think its this?

T1
[img]http://www.fototime.com/{415734A7-26D3-4021-B4CB-062A9E060517}/picture.JPG[/img]

The T1 cost $549.99 at Ritz where I bought it. I did not consider the V1 as it is just to big and heavy for what I wanted. I have found that when I buy a camera of that size although it is still small I end up not carrying it around all the time as it just does not comfortably fit in my pocket and it is a little too heavy. The V1 is 48% heavier than the T1 and almost 3 times as wide. I carry the T1 in my shirt pocket and I get so use to it that there are times when I have to look to be sure its there. I love the form of the T1 and the fact that the lens does not protrude. Also, unlike most prosumer cameras the T1 does things very fast. I also admit that when I looked at it I just wanted it. :dance
Frank B

Frank B
DD Patriot

Return to Photo X