Pictures from the Zoo trip.

Post & share your photos from whatever camera you have...

Re: Pictures from the Zoo trip.

Postby TonyK » Mar Sat 14, 2009 5:13 pm

Okay, when did you photograph me (the last photo)? My nickname, from my wife, is bear. :D Pretty good likeness of me.

Take care,
TonyK
TonyK
DD Patriot

Postby Vance » Mar Sat 14, 2009 7:57 pm

Dang!

You have a nice zoo!

I was invited to go out to the Houston Zoo a while back, and got all excited only to get really disappointed when I saw that all the animals were behind pexiglass. :(
Vance
DigitalDingus Geezer

Postby TonyK » Mar Sun 15, 2009 6:22 am

Austin's zoo is really more of a wild life rescue center with very poor paths and very limited exhibits.

Here is a link to the photos I took one December day:

http://abckyle.com/photos/texas/austin/austin_zoo/index.html

The cages were not very well built and if you stood too close the lion could pee on you. I know this from experience and had to be quick to avoid being drenched in lion pee. :giddy
TonyK
TonyK
DD Patriot

Postby Kronos » Mar Thu 19, 2009 7:44 pm

If you guys are ever in the St. Louis area, entrance to the Zoo is FREE, you only pay for parking. Most of the animal areas are wide open.

Tony, Your pics are well taken, too bad the Zoo looks like dog pound for lions. :( I think you'll be pleased with the shots you'd get at the St. Louis Zoo.

Vance, the Chimp shot I took is through glass, but it's the only one of those 4 that is.
Kronos
Valued Member

Postby TonyK » Mar Sat 21, 2009 6:34 am

My wife and I did the St. Louis zoo back in 1989 (I think). It is a great zoo and very fun.

On a side note, have a 2nd phone interview, this one with the owner, set for Monday. Wish me luck. If everything works out the front end of the Honda might be correct after all. See since moving to Knoxville we kept the front tag as our Texas tag. So the Honda could be driving towards Texas once again! :bd

Kronos wrote:If you guys are ever in the St. Louis area, entrance to the Zoo is FREE, you only pay for parking. Most of the animal areas are wide open.

Tony, Your pics are well taken, too bad the Zoo looks like dog pound for lions. :( I think you'll be pleased with the shots you'd get at the St. Louis Zoo.

Vance, the Chimp shot I took is through glass, but it's the only one of those 4 that is.
TonyK
TonyK
DD Patriot

Postby Kronos » Mar Sat 21, 2009 2:01 pm

Tony, Did I miss something? Interview? If TX is a good thing for you, then Congratulations man!
Kronos
Valued Member

Postby TonyK » Mar Sat 21, 2009 2:15 pm

Nothing to miss. Had the first interview Friday with the development managers and Monday is with the owner of the company.

My wife has really bad vertigo. It started shortly after moving to Knoxville. It vanished while we were on vacation last October. Our hope is getting her to flatter ground will ease or remove the vertigo issues. She also wants warm.

Take care,
TonyK
TonyK
DD Patriot

Postby JoePhoto » Mar Sun 29, 2009 9:45 am

Yeah - you do have a nice zoo there. Nice photos. I showed my son the photo of your elephant monkey and he loves 'em (he's got a thing for elephants and monkeys making the animal sounds when he sees them.)

Our lowly zoo is an absolute joke unless we head to the Philly or Baltimore areas.
Joe H.
NAPP, PPA, WPPI

~ BBS Photography ~ DeviantArt ~ Model Mayhem ~

"I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
JoePhoto
The Cap'n

Location: Wilmington, DE ***I wish I knew what I was doing!***

Return to Photo X