Question for all DD...

Discuss the upcoming monthly photo challenge...

Postby SharpShooter10D » Dec Wed 08, 2004 7:49 pm

Hey Vance,

I like the sound of this alot....I don't know with me being in the middle of a move that I will be able to participate in the shooting aspect or not but I will try to participate in the voting.
I like the idea of being anonomous too that way the playing field is even no advantages.

Good idea you came up with Vance this is exciting because this will cause me to try harder to produce quality images. Most of you guys here have years over me in experience but I am up to the challenge that's how we learn.

So I'm in... :)

Have a great day.

Randy
SharpShooter10D
Valued Member

Postby Talvan » Dec Wed 08, 2004 8:38 pm

Second time I have seen it.(Greg was the first) That was the first time I have been able to post without logging in. Also, the second time I couldnt delete a post from a forum. :D(wink wink, nudge nudge JB, How can I mod with no access?)
Sincerely,
John Talvan
Life, One Frame At A Time
Talvan

Postby mattchase » Dec Wed 08, 2004 8:47 pm

You mean you wanted more than just the title? Actually, JB and the rest of us had a running bet going on how long it would be before you noticed you didn't have all the controls. I think Joe won. :bgb
mattchase
Naked Forum Dancer

Postby Talvan » Dec Thu 09, 2004 3:42 am

Thnx for point it out Matt. I want a title(which I dont have either) AND Controls! :psy
Sincerely,
John Talvan
Talvan

Postby TonyK » Dec Thu 09, 2004 6:24 am

I wouldn't mind the controls. I don't need the title though. :)
TonyK
TonyK
DD Patriot

Postby mattchase » Dec Thu 09, 2004 8:47 am

I had posted this earlier but guess it never made it online.

The reason for having the challenge take place during a specific time period is to get everyone out and shooting fresh photos. Otherwise, it would be too easy to just submit photos from our collections.

I understand the reasonings behind not wanting a time frame, I have participated in challenges in the past where I had the perfect photo for it, if it hadn't been shot long prior. In the end, I wound up going out and shooting some new shots that turned out pretty good, so it was a good thing that I wasn't able to just submit what I already had.
mattchase
Naked Forum Dancer

Postby Talvan » Dec Thu 09, 2004 12:13 pm

I agree Matt, this is supposed to be a challenge of your photographic ability, not to tax your memory as to where you stored that perfect image for this challenge.

PS
JB, thnx for the title,
now feel special. :bsniff
Sincerely,
John Talvan
Talvan

Re:

Postby Watchin » Dec Thu 09, 2004 1:43 pm

I assume you are reffering to the Guest posting...

Talvan Imaging wrote:Second time I have seen it.(Greg was the first) That was the first time I have been able to post without logging in. Also, the second time I couldnt delete a post from a forum. :D(wink wink, nudge nudge JB, How can I mod with no access?)

Yeah, happened to me when I switched browsers (ie no cookie for that browser to autologin with, I think) .

Guest caint do nuttin ! no edit no delete... just plain nuttin

Which was why I posted right after to say it was me :D
Greg aka Watchin..."just watchin the world go bye, trying to understand the picture."
"Life is a grand adventure! Not a guided tour." oWo
Nikon D-700, Nikon lenses, Alien B flashes and lots of junk...
Watchin
Valued Member

Postby Talvan » Dec Thu 09, 2004 4:12 pm

I thought I would keep em guessing. Actually, I had to get back to work, and I figured what was done was done.
Sincerely,
John Talvan
Talvan

Just A thought......

Postby WARP » Dec Thu 09, 2004 10:35 pm

This is sounding more like a Photo contest than the old E10 day, to me, and I'm not sure that's a good thing at this point. A Photo contest would be great, but I think that it would be something that would be separate from a challenge. A contest may have a certain intimidation factor for some ( not for the current regulars but for some who may be potential new members who may be at various stages of their photographic journey.) The Dingus has ( in my opinion) been a place for all, from the beginner to the seasoned Pro and in my opinion a challenge should promote that spirit. The emphasis should be more on sharing and discussion rather than voting for a winner IMHO. A person with a 3mp cam should feel that their approach, interpretation, creativity and such to the subject matter/theme, along with the fun factor is what is important rather than that they have to compete with someone with a 8+mp cam.

Just My 2cents
WARP
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Challenge 2005