Laying Out A Wedding Album?

Discuss issues related to paid photography jobs, pricing, etc.

Laying Out A Wedding Album?

Postby JoePhoto » Mar Wed 19, 2008 10:24 pm

What you need is Lumapix :Photofusion::Extreme:

As someone who has layed out literally hundreds of albums I'm constantly in search of a better way to do it. I've used everything from big software programs like In Design & Photoshop to small studio software like Page Gallery and YSI. Lately I've been designing from scratch in Photoshop with the help of actions I've made and downloaded to streamline the process. I've made my best albums this way. But it was very slow. Well I was just kicked in the a$$ when I gave the new Fotofusion Extreme a shot. I read a few posts about it on the DWF and hit the website to give it a look. They do all their demos and training by video, which makes the learning curve very short. I downloaded the demo and starting watching the Welcome videos and found that I can design by hand (like I do in Photoshop) in a very logical way and save my layouts as templates to use later. I decided to open one of my favorite album layouts (flattened JPG's) as backgrounds in Fotofusion and cre-create the layouts as Fotofusion templates. In less than one hour, I had templatized a whole album and am working on a second album to add to my templates. Using templates for album design cuts down the design time tremendously. I'm doing page layouts in mere seconds in Photofusion from the templates I created. This means I'm not usng someone elses templates, but my own designs and getting a 50-page album layout done in less than an hour where it took me 6-7 hours from scratch in Photoshop and not having to compromise the look of my album!

If you can't tell I'm excited. :bd

Check out the demo videos and demo the software at their website Lumapix.com. There are three versions available Scrapbook Essentials, Essentials, & Extreme.

DON"T SKIP THIS PART: A discunt is available from the Studio Photography Newsletter Use the discount coupon cygnus3226 and save 20% ($60)!
Joe H.
NAPP, PPA, WPPI

~ BBS Photography ~ DeviantArt ~ Model Mayhem ~

"I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
JoePhoto
The Cap'n

Location: Wilmington, DE ***I wish I knew what I was doing!***

Re: Laying Out A Wedding Album?

Postby JoePhoto » Mar Wed 19, 2008 10:41 pm

PS - They do more than just lay out wedding albums... you can do everything from scrapbooks, and albums to sports cards, posters, and calendars. Deffinitely worth the dough. Anyone offering professional work or wanting to do an album I'd suggest you buy the Extreme version because it's the only one that will save your layouts to layered PSD files so you can open them in Photoshop and tweak them with the utmost control.
Joe H.
NAPP, PPA, WPPI

~ BBS Photography ~ DeviantArt ~ Model Mayhem ~

"I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
JoePhoto
The Cap'n

Location: Wilmington, DE ***I wish I knew what I was doing!***

Return to DD Pro Talk