Epson Exhibition Fiber Paper - Silver Halide Inkjet

Discuss printers (such as Epson, HP, etc.)

Postby Emcam » Jan Sat 26, 2008 3:27 pm

I just got a box of 8X10 so I can put it to the test. Yep, it is expensive paper so I may wait a bit an test it with images I really like.
Emcam

Re: Epson Exhibition Fiber Paper - Silver Halide Inkjet

Postby TonyK » Jun Sun 28, 2009 7:26 am

18 months later and I would like to know how the test went. :bgb

After fighting both Mac computers over a printer driver (again) the R800 is producing GREAT prints. Need ink (ouch) and paper. Continuous ink is not going to happen because of the cats and ants. :( Anyway I don't print enough to warrant a CIS. :giddy

In fact, based on my R800 experience I may be upgrading soon to something that can print 13x19. Don't have many calls to print larger than 8x10 but when I do, I would prefer to keep that inhouse.

Anyone have thoughts on current Epson printers that can print 13x19?

Thanks,
TonyK
TonyK
DD Patriot

Postby Fleet177 » Jun Mon 29, 2009 10:48 am

Hey Tony-

A couple months ago I got the HP Photosmart B8550 and it prints beautifully. It goes up to the 13 X 19 you were talking about. I had 2 Epson photo printers (now I have one) but started having "issues" with the printing on one and decided that would be the time to find a larger printer. I checked out the Epson 1800 and 1900 but wasn't impressed by some of the comments people had. I didn't see much negative feedback on the HP. I managed to grab one when there was a $50 rebate and I think it ran me $250.00. I then invested in the expanded capacity ink cartiridges because it does go through the ink. I also found a couple places where the larger paper, 11 x 14 and 13 x 19, was a little more reasonable. I'd have to go see where the other one was but I think one of the places was Provantage. I think it might have been about half what other places were (this was the Advanced HP paper).

Good luck :) I have 4 printers right now and I hope I can stick with those for a while. :)

Cindy :bgb
Fleet177

Postby Emcam » Jul Thu 02, 2009 10:07 am

I am right now using Epson Exhibition paper for a local artist festival. I am printing color for my wife and B&W for myself. Comparing it to Epson premium luster it has a whiter base. Behind glass the image quality really doesn't seem that much different (except the white). The paper is wonderful to handle - reminds me of Fiber base exhibition papers from my days printing chemical B&W. I am usung a Mac pro (30inch Mac display) and an Epson 2400. Like them both very much no problems. Black and white vs color? I don't know. the whiter base may be a help for color prints. My printer history has always been Epson: Epson 1270 was my first and made great prints for the fellow I bought it from, for me and the guy I sold it to. I then got the Epson 2200. and really liked it except it "bronzed" black and white prints. I still use that old printer at my shop.Then I got and still I have the 2400 and have no problems and would only replace it if I am convinced larger prints would be fun to make. Then I probably would go for a 3800. But this was about Epson Exhibition paper. I recommend trying it.
Emcam

Previous

Return to Printers