Manual Focus Lens question.

Discuss 35mm cameras

Manual Focus Lens question.

Postby Kronos » Aug Mon 17, 2009 8:30 pm

Probably a stupid question, but:

When you look at most Nikon manual focus lenses they have this metal thing that sticks up between the F-stop ring and the ADR ring. What is that thing for and what purpose does it serve?
User avatar
Valued Member
Posts: 1235
Joined: Nov Sun 02, 2003 8:36 pm
Location: where the streets have no name

Re: Manual Focus Lens question.

Postby JoePhoto » Aug Mon 17, 2009 9:56 pm

They're called rabbit ears - they are a meter coupling shoe that allowed the lens to communicate it's f-stop to the older meters by adjusting a lever when the aperture dial is rotated. My Nikon F and it's lenses have this.
Joe H.

~ BBS Photography ~ DeviantArt ~ Model Mayhem ~

"I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
User avatar
The Cap'n
Posts: 3294
Joined: Oct Mon 20, 2003 8:16 am
Location: Wilmington, DE ***I wish I knew what I was doing!***

Return to Film Cameras

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest