Nikon View Pro & Nikon Capture NX

Discuss lenses & accessories for your camera...

Nikon View Pro & Nikon Capture NX

Postby JoePhoto » Feb Tue 21, 2006 1:48 am

Worth a read... Looks like Nikon is revamping their RAW softwares. Looks cool - lets see how fast though.

Nikon View Pro

Nikon Capture NX
Joe H.
NAPP, PPA, WPPI

~ BBS Photography ~ DeviantArt ~ Model Mayhem ~

"I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
JoePhoto
The Cap'n

Location: Wilmington, DE ***I wish I knew what I was doing!***

Postby JoePhoto » Feb Wed 22, 2006 5:08 pm

Looks like they have some pretty cool ideas.

U Points basically help with editing local isolated parts of the image without having to worry about layer masks. Interesting on paper, but I fear this is aimed more at the novice. We have to wait until May to see it first hand.

I read in the releases and on Lets Go Digital that Nikon is now utilizing file caching with it's file browsers similar to Adobe Bridge. This is very interesting because it should help speed up certain processes that completely bottleneck the current version of Capture such as D-Lighting and Noise Reduction. The downside of this is that a large library of images will take a while to cache. It has taken Adobe Bridge over 30 minutes to cache an entire wedding of RAW images (1500 RAW files.) But it's worth the wait when working on the files.

Hopefully NIK's software engineers had some streamlining input for Nikon as then needed it badly.
Joe H.
NAPP, PPA, WPPI

~ BBS Photography ~ DeviantArt ~ Model Mayhem ~

"I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
JoePhoto
The Cap'n

Location: Wilmington, DE ***I wish I knew what I was doing!***

Postby marokero » Feb Wed 22, 2006 10:34 pm

That sounds promising! But what would really make it sell would be if Nikon bundled Capture NX with a SATA II RAID 0 setup with two 10,000rpm Raptors inside :bgb If they kept the same price as the current Capture 4.4, of course :D
Alberto T.
marokero
Valued Member

Return to Nikon Lenses & Accessories