Battery Grip for 10D

Discuss lenses & accessories for your camera...

Battery Grip for 10D

Postby SharpShooter10D » Feb Fri 25, 2005 2:41 pm

Hi Guys,

I have noticed that the original battery grip for the Canon 10D has been discontinued. I've been looking around for the BG-E3D and have found a couple of places that still have it but want an arm and a leg for it.
B&H doesn't carry it and even if they did I hear they had a fire in the shipping wharehouse.....BAD!!!

Wolf Camera doesn't carry it nor does RITZ at least not in my area.

I was curious about the BG-E3 that is made for the Digital Rebel XT
does anyone know if this would work on the 10D and if not will any other Battery grip work?

I have survived with out one but there are times I would have loved the convienence of the second shutter button for the verticle shots.

Thanks again in advance. I've been sick lately so that's why I haven't been posting.

Take care and have a great day guys.

Randy
SharpShooter10D
Valued Member

Postby Vance » Feb Fri 25, 2005 3:08 pm

Hey Randy,

As far as I know, the Big Ed is the only grip that works with the 10D.

I have it, luckily got one for the D30, and would never think of not having one again. It's just too nice having the extra power of the additional battery.
Vance
DigitalDingus Geezer

Postby SharpShooter10D » Feb Fri 25, 2005 4:34 pm

Hey Vance,

That's what I was afraid of.... I don't understand why that particular grip is dicontinued when there are grips for cameras much older then the 10D still being sold?

They are still availlable but for $249.00 plus the tax and shipping.
I see several on Ebay but I don't want to go that route I want to deal with a brick and mortar store.

Thanks for the inout Vance.

Have a great day.

Randy
SharpShooter10D
Valued Member

Postby mattchase » Feb Fri 25, 2005 5:21 pm

I can't believe they would stop making them so soon. There are still plenty of 10Ds out there, and the grips are going to break and people will want to replace them. That is stupid of Canon if it is really, permanently discontinued.

Your best bet is probably Ebay, unfortunately. The other thing to try are the small camera shops, the kind that don't sell many accessories but usually have 1 just in case. And sorry, neither of the 2 stores in Vegas have one. ;)
mattchase
Naked Forum Dancer

Postby Vance » Feb Fri 25, 2005 8:43 pm

Hey Randy,

I don't know why I didn't think about it, but I'm glad Matt said something.

I'll have a look around at a couple of the camera stores around here and see if maybe I can find you one.

If I do find one, I'll drop you a quick note, or email.

My confidence level is not that great, as there are only a couple, and one is a used camera store with a Absolutely No Return policy, and the other is a Wolf Camera.
Vance
DigitalDingus Geezer

Postby SharpShooter10D » Feb Fri 25, 2005 10:35 pm

Hey Matt,

It's hard for me to believe as well and as you have mentioned there are still alot of 10Ds being sold. Another good point you make, what if someone breaks one....Then What?

I didn't get the information from Canon that they were discontinued
I saw it on one of the web sites that reviewed the BG-E3D. So I can't say 100% sure it is discontinued but several of the Stores like B&H don't seem to have it anymore nor does the Wolf Camera online store.

I even checked Adorama and they don't have it either. I did find some
online stores that do have it but I have never heard of them.

Here are a few.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/zoommania/canoed3.html

http://www.pcvideoonline.com/productdetail.asp?productid=3005

http://www.bwayphoto.com/product.asp?id=cnbged3

The third site is really expensive.

Hey Vance,

Thanks so much I appreciate your time and effort. I'm going to call a store that is about 45 minutes away from me and see if they carry it. If not I guess I will just shoot with out one.

Thanks for all your help you guys, You Guys Rock! :bd
SharpShooter10D
Valued Member

Re: Battery Grip for 10D

Postby TonyK » Feb Sat 26, 2005 4:23 am

Make me an offer on mine.

My wife uses the 10D and dislikes the grip so it has been removed for about 6 to 8 weeks. I'd like to see it go to a good home.

Again, make me an offer.

SharpShooter10D wrote:Hi Guys,

I have noticed that the original battery grip for the Canon 10D has been discontinued. I've been looking around for the BG-E3D and have found a couple of places that still have it but want an arm and a leg for it.
B&H doesn't carry it and even if they did I hear they had a fire in the shipping wharehouse.....BAD!!!

Wolf Camera doesn't carry it nor does RITZ at least not in my area.

I was curious about the BG-E3 that is made for the Digital Rebel XT
does anyone know if this would work on the 10D and if not will any other Battery grip work?

I have survived with out one but there are times I would have loved the convienence of the second shutter button for the verticle shots.

Thanks again in advance. I've been sick lately so that's why I haven't been posting.

Take care and have a great day guys.

Randy
TonyK
TonyK
DD Patriot

Postby SharpShooter10D » Feb Sat 26, 2005 10:48 am

Hi Tony,

Your wife hates it? It must be a Female thing there is a lady who works at the Visual Arts Center here locally that has a grip for another model camera and hates it too.

How old is the grip you have?

I've been looking on Ebay to see what they are going for and I have
seen them going anywhere from $142.50 to $199.00.

I can't afford to go too crazy because we just moved from California to Oregon and the cost of the move really put a dent in my mad money.

At the same time I want to be fair to you I don't expect you to give it away either.

At the present time the best I can do is $175.00, funds are just to tight
since the move. I probably shouldn't be spending money on a grip but since they are apparently discontinued I may not have much more time to get one.

If that's to low then that's ok I have made it so far with out one.

I will check back in here soon to see if you posted a reply.

Thanks for the oportunity to at least make an offer Tony.

Have a great day.

Randy
SharpShooter10D
Valued Member

Postby Vance » Feb Sat 26, 2005 11:11 am

Hey Tony and Randy,

I can see where your wife might not feel to much luv for it Tony, as it does add a bit of weight when you combine it with a lens.

My sister took a picture of me at the radio console last evening, and she made a comment about how heavy it was.
Vance
DigitalDingus Geezer

Postby mattchase » Feb Sat 26, 2005 11:43 am

Heavy Bah! It is MANLY! It is MACHO! It is...Um.

"Hey Matt, get a grip!" Ha ha, grip. Get it? Hmm.

I go now.
mattchase
Naked Forum Dancer

Next

Return to Canon Lenses & Accessories