Got a new car

Not necessarily photography...

Got a new car

Postby JB » Oct Sat 10, 2009 8:40 pm

Well, it's not "new" but it's newer. Purchased a 2005 Volvo S40 2.4i. Leather, moonroof, power driver's seat, etc. I'll post some pics tomorrow if I remember. :bgb

I've had it for about two weeks now. Rides like a dream and handles great. I originally was going for a Ford Focus but couldn't pass this deal up for about the same price.

Looks like Matt is looking for another car as well. We are too much alike!
JB
Masala Chicken Enthusiast

Re: Got a new car

Postby mattchase » Oct Sun 11, 2009 8:57 am

Sweet JB. I did manage to find basically what I was looking for too.

It's a 2003 Toyota Celica GT, 4cyl 1.8l auto, 84,000 miles. Has a few dings and scratches and the body / paint could use a buffing, but so far nothing major wrong with it. There was a nail in one tire which has been fixed, and I think the brakes are getting a bit worn (I've had the car for a month and they are just starting to sometimes screech a bit). But other than that it seems fine, I have already had a checkup done and got underneath it looking for any issues, didn't see anything. It runs good, handles great, not real powerful but has a bit of kick, and so far in city driving (approx. 2 miles each way with 3 - 4 red lights) I'm getting around 25mpg, and that's with me getting on the gas a bit sometimes. I haven't taken any road trips yet besides the one to get it home (bought it at a dealership about 225 miles from me), and on that trip I got about 35mpg.
mattchase
Naked Forum Dancer

Postby TonyK » Oct Tue 13, 2009 6:34 pm

Not bad deals for both of you. Glad everyone is happy.

The CR-V still going pretty good. Needs an oil change and a few bulbs needs to be replaced in the interior but nothing major. :)
TonyK
TonyK
DD Patriot

Postby JB » Oct Tue 13, 2009 6:47 pm

Matt,

That is a sweet car. Those Celica GTs were on my list as well. It's hard to find that particular color around here. All I see are red and white.
JB

Postby JoePhoto » Oct Mon 19, 2009 5:07 pm

Matt - that's a sharp looking car. My brother in law had a 2003 Celica GT-S in midnight blue that he let me drive a few times. Fun ride!

JB - Pics???? The man gets his Volvo and suddenly we're not worthy of his photos! :clown
Joe H.
NAPP, PPA, WPPI

~ BBS Photography ~ DeviantArt ~ Model Mayhem ~

"I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
JoePhoto
The Cap'n

Location: Wilmington, DE ***I wish I knew what I was doing!***

Postby JB » Oct Mon 19, 2009 7:03 pm

Pics are coming. Just haven't got around to doing it. Like right now I got home from work and I'm out the door in about 10mins for my jog.
JB

Return to OT