What I've been doing lately...

Not necessarily photography...

Re: What I've been doing lately...

Postby JoePhoto » Jul Wed 08, 2009 5:41 pm

JB - I'm 236 as of yesterday morning! Trying to get more active myself, but I naturally drop a few pounds in the warmer months because of the weddings and crazy shoots I have.

Tell you what - I'll race you to a 6 pack! I'm all "padding" now, so it should be a fair race and something I've wanted to do for a while.
Joe H.
NAPP, PPA, WPPI

~ BBS Photography ~ DeviantArt ~ Model Mayhem ~

"I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
JoePhoto
The Cap'n

Location: Wilmington, DE ***I wish I knew what I was doing!***

Postby JB » Jul Wed 08, 2009 8:46 pm

You're on.

I'm at 234 (233.5) at the moment. :D

Can't believe how much fat is around my stomach. It's a little pouch now, but still irritating.

Oh, and I hope you got the other side of your face back. Sheesh. That stuff is weird.
JB
Masala Chicken Enthusiast

Postby mattchase » Jul Wed 08, 2009 10:10 pm

Hey, good going guys!

I started lifting weights again a couple of weeks ago, have been doing 3-4 days a week and can already feel a difference. I'm mostly just working my arms and chest as my legs are pretty decent already. On the flip side I haven't done much aerobic activity for awhile, I had been doing regular 9 mile bike rides previously but didn't notice much improvement from them (was a bit depressing). So for now I'm focusing on weights and I'm hoping once I build up a bit more muscle that I won't NEED to do much aerobic activity.

And I've been aiming for a six pack for years, but that's always been my downfall. Of all the places on my body, that is where my extra weight is. The muscles in my arms show, the muscles in my legs show, but noooooo, not can't get anything going on in my midsection!
mattchase
Naked Forum Dancer

Postby JB » Jul Wed 08, 2009 10:28 pm

Matt lifting weights? I guess I know who's going to be the Sergeant At Arms around here. :psy

I think bike riding is really an overly-emphasized activity for most people. It's great for endurance, but your body gets used to it rather quickly. You could bike 50 miles a day, and wouldn't notice much difference because your body is interpreting it as endurance. Just my thoughts on it, but I want to take it up myself in the next month or so to get additional endurance. Good going, Matt. Sounds great.
JB

Postby mattchase » Jul Thu 09, 2009 7:29 am

I can see it now...

"Coming soon, the Digital Dingus Get Your Ass Back In Shape Photo Challenge."
mattchase
Naked Forum Dancer

Postby JoePhoto » Jul Thu 09, 2009 9:41 am

I'm in the same boat Matt - I have such a hard time getting my lower core to have any kind of tone.

You do bring up a good point - JB are you documenting your weight loss with photos?

As for the Bells Palsy, I'm about 60% back to normal. Effing sucks!
Joe H.
NAPP, PPA, WPPI

~ BBS Photography ~ DeviantArt ~ Model Mayhem ~

"I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
JoePhoto
The Cap'n

Location: Wilmington, DE ***I wish I knew what I was doing!***

Postby TonyK » Jul Thu 09, 2009 4:25 pm

Aerobic exercise is more for your heart and lungs and not for toning. Different exercises for different things. Please do not ignore aerobic exercise. A well balanced (like I should be talking :D) is one that does a little of everything. One could even alternate days for the different exercises.
TonyK
TonyK
DD Patriot

Postby JB » Jul Thu 09, 2009 5:34 pm

JoePhoto wrote:I'm in the same boat Matt - I have such a hard time getting my lower core to have any kind of tone.

You do bring up a good point - JB are you documenting your weight loss with photos?

Uhhh, nope. No pics. I have some people at work who took images of me over 3 years ago, and they said they'll get them for reference. I actually scared a guy at another work location who I haven't seen for a while who looked at my ID bag and thought the badge was stolen. Was kinda funny.
JB

Postby JB » Aug Sat 08, 2009 3:22 pm

Forgot to update...

Down to 223.5. I was going to go on a hike with a buddy of mine this weekend but a damn blister formed on my left foot. Really pissed me off. After I lanced it this morning, it cleared up mostly by afternoon and I went out for my usual exercising routine.

I feel so guilty if I don't do SOMETHING!
JB

Postby mattchase » Aug Sat 08, 2009 9:01 pm

Yeah!
mattchase
Naked Forum Dancer

PreviousNext

Return to OT