What I've been doing lately...

Not necessarily photography...

What I've been doing lately...

Postby JB » Feb Sat 21, 2009 7:13 pm

Well, I haven't been around much, and there are several reasons for this, but the major reason is I'm exercising more, and losing weight. Back in October of 2008, I was at 305 lbs. Yeah.

My job entails being in a vehicle primarily 9 hours or more a day, and the only way to counteract it, was to get movin'.

So, I told myself it was finally time to get off my fat ass. I'm currently at 263 lbs (was 269 last Monday). I've formulated my own routine, and it seems to be working.

I'm using a variety of different ideas, but they include not eating a heavy lunch (currently a Slim-Fast and an apple), and doing at least 2 hrs to 2.5 hours of cardio workout 5-6 nights a week. I'm using what are called Resistance Bands, which are really forming some lean muscle and it's helping out tremendously at work.

So, if anyone is a fat ass like me, feel free to post and we'll keep track of how much weight you're losing.
JB
Masala Chicken Enthusiast

Re: What I've been doing lately...

Postby mattchase » Feb Sat 21, 2009 10:50 pm

Way to go JB!

I'm not a fat ass but have some weight I would like to lose. I've been telling myself to start working out again, but I really, really hate it! I used to alternate between weights and aerobics, 5-6 days a week, about 4-5 yeras ago. Now I'm lucky to get myself to do a few reps with some weights a few times a week.
mattchase
Naked Forum Dancer

Postby TonyK » Feb Sun 22, 2009 7:10 am

I'm between 210 and 220 but would rather be 180 or less. Arthritis prevents me from doing some things like push ups and discs in my back prevent sit-ups I used to do. What I do at work is about 50 reps of modified push-ups where I lean against a counter at a 45 or 30 degree angle and then do the push-up. It has also eased some of my arthritis.

When weather is good I try to walk at least once or twice a day during breaks at the office.

Finally I try to limit food intake but dinner is a killer.
TonyK
TonyK
DD Patriot

Postby Kronos » Feb Thu 26, 2009 3:36 pm

I went from 182 to 155 two summers ago when I started riding my bicycle regularly. I didn't ride much at all last summer and my metabolism has slowed some and I'm hovering around 170 again. I'm 5,10. I dropped weight the fastest when I was riding because it works the largest muscle group in the entire body, your legs, and speeds metabolism faster than just about anything else. So if you have a bike, dig it out, dust it off, and inflate the tires and start riding.
Kronos
Valued Member

Postby TonyK » Feb Thu 26, 2009 4:32 pm

Right knee became a universal joint in 1980. Not good for riding any more. :( Then there are the crazies around here.

But I should do something more than I am doing.

Hey, who wants to come over and demo an above ground pool and surrounding deck? :bd
TonyK
TonyK
DD Patriot

Postby Kronos » Mar Mon 02, 2009 5:40 pm

Demo could be fun if we don't have to worry about preserving any of the surroundings! ;)
Kronos
Valued Member

Postby TonyK » Mar Mon 02, 2009 6:25 pm

Just don't get too carried away. The house is a fair bit away from the pool and nothing else is out there.

So are you volunteering? :bd
TonyK
TonyK
DD Patriot

Postby JB » Mar Tue 03, 2009 7:46 am

Forgot to mention I'm down to 259 as of last Friday. :D
JB
Masala Chicken Enthusiast

Postby JoePhoto » Mar Thu 05, 2009 4:26 pm

Way to go JB - that's awsome! I bet you feel great.

Well, if you wanna hear some $h!t, I contracted Bells Palsy about 4 weeks ago and as a result I can't move the muscles on the left half of my face. I don't have any residual ailments like Lymes, and they ruled out stroke and anyerism on day one thankfully. I took all the meds one can take and now it's a wait for it to go away kinda thing. It deffenitely makes life difficult from blinking my left eye, to having a crooked smile. I've been shooting through my left eye rather than my right because I can't wink my left eye shut completely so that has slowed me down a bit when shooting. But I got through my first wedding of the year last weekend ok, so I'm confident I can work through it.

To say I was depressed was an understatement. But I'm over that for the most part and am looking into the more positive things. But one of the ways I've been dealing with it is I started back on a treadmill/pushups/situps routine a week or so ago. I'm up at 245lbs, but I'm 6'4" so my target weight is around 225. I want to loose my spare tire and get myself back into shape similar to when I was playing ice hockey. I feel fat and have less energy now so that's another good reason. I've altered my diet as much as I can and am going to try and stick with it.
Joe H.
NAPP, PPA, WPPI

~ BBS Photography ~ DeviantArt ~ Model Mayhem ~

"I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
JoePhoto
The Cap'n

Location: Wilmington, DE ***I wish I knew what I was doing!***

Postby TonyK » Mar Thu 05, 2009 5:34 pm

Joe,

Here is to a SPEEDY RECOVERY!
TonyK